Prologue: History 101

Pokémon in all of their glory have changed the world, have changed the way humans live. Humans have always lived alongside Pokémon, but it has not always been in peace. In the ancient era humans and Pokémon resided in semi-peace never truly invading each other's space. However, with the rise of humanity, the development of technology, and the eventual development of pokeballs, that peace was shattered, brutally shattered, and once shattered, true hell was let loose on the humans.

A population of almost 10 billion was reduced by nearly a third within the matter of a year's span. Foolishness was the reason for this decrease in population. With the creation of pokeballs, humanity thought they had become the apex hunter, but how wrong they were. Feeling threatened and enraged by the actions of humans trapping their own kind and forcing their will on them, Pokémon didn't treat humans as a neutral party anymore, they were enemies, and they would not live alongside them.

Humanity realizing their mistake backed off, they stopped letting young humans run off in the dreams of being trainers and set harsh criteria for those who did want to be trainers. The dream of capturing Pokémon and battling alongside them had already manifested itself amongst many hearts, and the great age of Pokémon masters officially started, but not without countless deaths and crushed dreams paving the path. 

Warnings for readers: Some parts of this story are slightly darker with subjects that could be triggering to readers (Mental health, depression, suicide, etc.,) as my character has a dark history and while I won't delve into the darkness, some of it will still show. Be mindful as you read, thank you!

Author: Hello everyone! I'm your wonderful author, and just as a general disclaimer I don't own the cover art, nor does Pokémon belong to me. If either of the original creators wishes for the removal of the cover art (which would be a shame since it's absolutely awesome!!) or for me to take down the story, I will happily (sadly with tears) comply. 

As a general rule of thumb for my stories, updates are at random, but I may be motivated to write more often the more comments there are. I'm a relatively interactive author when it comes to comments, because their very fun to read, so throw them at me, because I'm dying for comments ^_~

Now then, if anyone has ideas for the story, please post them here and I'll take them into consideration. While I have a general idea and plan for this story, I'm flexible and open for change if I think it'll improve the story. 

Finally, for those of you who don't understand, this story is a more realistic take on the Pokémon story, however, that doesn't mean the MC is weak, in fact, you'll love him, and if you don't, I'll be sad, because he's going to be the star of this book. The first few chapters may be slow as we get into understanding the Pokémon world as it's a little different from the one we know, so bear with me for a bit here. 

Chapter Release Schedule (updated regularly) Chapter length varies, most will be over 1,000 words

Day 45 - Discussion Between Guardians (April 27)

Lucryn: Day 49 (April 28) OVER 7,000 WORDS!