Chapter 68

AN: For those people who already have some knowledge about the future plot, can you keep it down a little? Yes, it's re-written, no sht. Doesn't give you any right to spoil it tho.

Grow some sense.

______________________________________

Yuki is currently inside a bullet train, on his way back home after delivering his friend Mishima back to his apartment. Well, after their little drinking session, Mishima became so drunk at the end that Yuki thought that there was no way he'd get back on his own.

That's why he decided that it was best to accompany him.

*sigh*

"Didn't know that Mishima had that side of him when drunk." Yuki could only laugh and shake his head as he remembered Mishima's wife's expression after seeing her husband in such a chaotic state.

Like Yuki, it seems that it was also her first time to see him like that.

[ Arriving at Central Tokyo Station. I repeat we are now arriving at Central Tokyo Station. ]

As Yuki was busy giggling at such thoughts, he was suddenly interrupted by the announcer of the train. After hearing the announcement, he hurriedly took his bag from the compartment and then prepared to exit the train once it came to a full stop.

Yuki lives conveniently close to the station, that's why after getting off the train, it won't take him that long to reach his own apartment. But as he was walking along the streets, he was suddenly reminded of the certain conversation he had with Mishima a while ago.

*flashback*

"The state of our world right now is pretty sh*t huh?" Raizel said while looking outside the window which was filled with people walking along the streets with gas masks on their faces.

Mishima on the other hand, after hearing what Yuki just said, sneered at him and replied with a pretty sarcastic tone.

"I don't want to hear that from a guy who lives inside a dome, unbothered by such a thing."

"... Haha, I guess you are right." Yuki paused for a second as he turned his head to Mishima first, before speaking again.

"Hypothetically, let's just say that you were given a chance to go to another world. A world that has clean air, trees everywhere, and a sky that resembles the sky you built in the Amphitheater. Basically, the world you dreamt of... Would you go?"

"Hmm... Mishima hearing Yuki's question didn't answer right away, unexpectedly so. He first thought to himself for a couple of seconds before gulping the glass of beer in his hands and only then, did he finally give Yuki a reply.

"... what's the catch?"

"Heh. You're so unnecessarily perceptive in these kinds of things huh?" Raizel chuckles as he too drinks his beer before speaking again.

"Nothing much. You'll just be a different being."

"Hmm... Like an animal?"

"Not really. Think of it as... becoming your character from YGGDRASIL. Yeah, something like that."

"Oh... Then I probably won't mind it."

"Really? Then you'll go?"

"Would my family go as well?"

After hearing that, Yuki's face froze for a second. It was soon followed by a chuckle. A calm smile then appeared on his face after all that.

"Umm... no. No, I don't think so."

"Oh, then I probably cannot go. I cannot just go and have fun while leaving the rest of them here to suffer you know? It would leave such a bitter taste in my mouth. Besides, that dream of mine is not for me alone, but for my family as well. This world is what I want to leave behind, not them."