Chapter 22

The moment when the timer hits zero, the sound that indicates for them to start fighting had rung throughout the arena.

Yuki immediately rushed towards the Magic Caster while brandishing his spear.

On the other side, the Magic Caster, just like Yuki, acted fast as he leap backward to gain more distance. As if he knows that Yuki will immediately try to close distance with him the moment the round starts.

"... Ha. This bunch are too predictable. Thinking that this kind of thing always works against us. Stupid." Muttered by the Magic Caster before raising his arm towards the incoming Yuki.

"... Looks like I don't need to change my strategy huh?" The Magic Caster said before he readied himself to Cast a spell.

'... I just need to let him get a bit more closer before I cast [ Storm's Furry ].' He thought to himself while seeing the Incoming Yuki.

*Duksh!*

Yuki then suddenly, while running towards the Magic Caster, stomped hard on the ground, rocketing himself from his position towards the Magic Caster.

!!!

This very thing is a bit unexpected, but the Magic Caster, though surprised, still managed to react.

'... Now!' The Magic Caster shouted inside his mind as he started Casting the Spell he's preparing to cast.

"... [ Skill: True Silence ]." But before the Magic Caster could even do that, it seems that Yuki managed to cast something ahead of him.

"... [ Storm's Fury ]." The Magic Caster had also cast a spell at the same time, Yuki is just ahead by a second. But that second made already a big difference.

"... What!?" The Magic Caster finally reacted when he saw that nothing came out of the spell he had cast.

But that's the only reaction he can make as he can't forget about the fact that Yuki is already getting near him as moments goes by in a rapid pace. He thought that he need to gain a breathable distance first before analyzing what just happened to his spell.

"... Tch! [ Greater Teleportation ]— Huh?" The Magic Caster voiced out his confusion when the Teleportation Spell he had cast didn't work as well.

The Magic Caster finally gave in to his overloading curiosity as he looked at his console to see what's going on with his spells.

"... What the f*ck?" There, he saw the reason.

His [ Greater Teleportation ] Spell— no, not just that but every displayed Available spell on his console, all his spells, got grayed out. Meaning, for some reason, at this moment, it's all unusable.

"... What is happeni-" The Magic Caster wanted to know what is going on, but it seems that for a moment, he forgot the reason why he wanted to get out of his current spot in the first place.

*Swoosh*

Yuki, finally reached the Magic Caster as he appeared in front of him.

"... What's the problem Magic CASTER? Can't cast a spell? Oh well. TOO BAD!" Yuki said with a mocking tone before raising his Spear then thrusting it towards the Magic Caster's head.

*Shoou~!*

"... Kuk!" The Magic Caster had managed to narrowly dodge the attack by stumbling towards the ground. He did it with just nothing but pure reflex.

"... Sh*t!" The Magic Caster cursed as he hurriedly stands up.

But it seems that Yuki doesn't want to give him any time to breathe as before he could even fully stand up, he immediately made a follow-up attack.