𝟎𝟒𝟕 ― if it ain't broke

THEY STAND side by side as Nik lands the other chopper

The wind has picked up even more. Ellie's teeth chatter just a little bit. As soon as the helo is on the ground, the guys are dragging Shepherd off, Price pointing to a spot on the snow. Ellie's fists tighten around her rifle when Shepherd makes eye contact with her.

He's on his knees, Ellie and Laswell walking up to him. As the two greet one another, Ellie moves to stand beside Ghost. He looks at her silently.

Shepherd stands then, looking around and realizing they're all circles up around him. "The best of the best... all in one place," he comments. 

"With one glaring exception," Gaz retorts, glaring at him.

Shepherd laughs shortly. He turns to Ellie. "I've heard you've made yourself quite comfortable with your new team," he states, eyes flickering to Ghost momentarily before looking back at her.

Ghost steps forward to him, a low, angry grunt escaping from behind his mask, Ellie moving in front of him. She wears an icy smile on her face. "It's amazing how having a hit put on you can bring a group together."

Shepherd shakes his head. "You were never a target of that, Shadow 0-2, I assure you." Ellie's smile drops at the old callsign. "What is the agenda of this little pow-wow?"

"A choice," Soap spits.

"Do I have one?"

"No," Ghost immediately responds, eyes not blinking as he stares Shepherd down. He's pressed firm against Ellie's back.

He pauses, saying, "I'm all ears."

Laswell comes forward. "Own up. Tell us everything."

"You know everything," Shepherd retorts.

"Congress doesn't. And I'd bet they'd be-,"

Price cuts her off, adding, "Well, they'd be all ears. Wouldn't they, eh?" Ellie can see how he's itching to get his hands on him.

"That's it?" Shepherd asks.

"No," Farah replies. "You clear my name. Tell them who I am. What you gave me, and why."

"No one else had the balls to do what I did for you... for all of you," Shepherd states roughly.

"Then do the right thing, General," Gaz says.

Soap adds, "All of your intel on Makarov, and your boy Graves on a leash."

"Say yes, you get a warm ride home," Laswell tells him.

"Or," Soap says eagerly, "take a little "me" time... freeze to death."

Ghost grunts, saying lethally, "That's the one I'm partial to."