𝟎𝟐𝟐 ― merry Christmas

ELLIE HOLDS up two mugs

ELLIE HOLDS up two mugs. Indecisive. Setting one mug down, only to pick it back up again. She left the base and decided to go walk through town. Once she passed a cute mercantile store, she decided to rummage through it. The handmade mugs caught her eye and then she spiraled.

Spiraled down the choice of whether or not to get Ghost a Christmas gift. 

Price came back a few days after the talk she and Ghost had, Ellie already having bought him a pack of cigars for his gift. She wrestled with the idea of getting him something. But, she told herself that it wasn't necessarily a bad idea. Might not be the best thing to do, but she will give it to him professionally. Whatever that means.

Thankfully, things have been very civil between them. He still is tense around her, sometimes crossing the line with abrasiveness, but now that Price is back, she tries not to bother him too much. Since being around Price more, he's been letting Ellie know more about what's brewing.

Now, there are now several private military companies moving into Al-Mazrah. Wanting control. Apparently, Price has contacts out there named Farah and Alex. Things are getting messy. Price told Ellie he's just hoping they can make it through Christmas before having to ship back out. 

So, that's what Ellie is choosing to focus on. Christmas and whether or not Ghost would want the blue or green mug. He kind of seems like a 'blue' guy. 

"Need some help?" a kind voice asks, Ellie turning to face the older British woman. 

She brushes the bangs out of her face as she smiles. "Actually, I would love your input." Ellie holds up the two cups. "Which one would you get?"

"Well, dear, it all depends on who I'm getting it for. What are they like?"

Ellie chuckles. "Great question. He is... reserved, yet caring. Strong. Simple. Can be a little on the cold side, if you know what I mean. But... I think deep down he is a big softie."

 The older woman ponders for a moment. "Neither."

Ellie slowly starts to lower the mugs. "Oh. Well, that changes things."

The lady laughs and says, "This man doesn't sound like the type who wants a bright blue mug for Christmas. Now, what does this man like to wear?"

Ellie's cheeks burn. "Black. Black pants, black boots, black sweatshirts... he doesn't like to stand out, in a way."

"Mhm, just what I thought. Let me show you these," she says, taking the mugs Ellie was holding and setting them back down on the display. "Follow me."

The woman takes her to the corner of the store. Set out are a few black mugs, marbled with orange on the outside. The outside is rough and coarse, almost like concrete. The design is almost blurry. When the lady holds out the mug for Ellie to take, she examines it closer.