𝟎𝟒𝟐 ― oligarch

KNOCKING ON the door, Ellie waits for someone to come answer

KNOCKING ON the door, Ellie waits for someone to come answer. It's 0500 and the boys were still gathered in the barracks. Price opens the door, looking over Ellie as she stands there with a laptop in her hands.

"Laswell forwarded the email from Shepherd. Ready for debrief?" she asks. He nods in response. "I'll go set it up."

"I'll send the boys," he replies before shutting the door back.

She walks down the hallway with a sigh, getting Laswell on the line and the information from Shepherd pulled up on the screen. 

"How's it going?" Laswell asks over the call.

"About as good as you would expect," Ellie murmurs in response. "They're on their way for the meeting."

"Thanks for setting it up, Ellie. I appreciate it." Laswell pauses for a moment. "I'm working on Price, okay? Don't worry about them. It'll be okay."

The lack of contact with Ghost over the past 48 hours since finding out the truth makes her think otherwise. Soap still hardly speaks to her. It's still fresh wounds for the guys. But even so, their cold shoulder treatment hurts like hell. 

After a beat, Soap and Ghost walk in and Ellie internally groans as she remembers this intel sweep is just for the two of them. She backs away from the laptop as they wordlessly sit down in front of it. Ghost speaks first.

His voice is firm as he asks, "What did we get from Shepherd?"

Soap chimes in and scoffs, "How much of it came from Graves?"

"They're partners in crime, boys," Laswell responds.

"Literally," Ghost retorts.

"Right now, they're our partners," Soap says.

"I vetted their intel. It's good," Laswell affirms, adding, "They found Makarov's financier. She's an oligarch named Milena Romanova. Been doing Makarov's bidding behind the scenes for years." As she explains, pictures of the woman come up on screen and Ellie recognizes her as the woman who attempted to hit on Ghost at the bar and came into the bathroom back in Oslo.

Ellie wants to ask Ghost if he remembers her.

"Where is she?" Ghost demands.

"A private island."

Soap nods. "Isolated and remote."

"It's a fortress in paradise. Guess who runs the security?"

Ghost clenches his fists, answering, "Konni Group."

"What are we looking for?" Soap asks. "We can't roll up Milena.

"Not legally. But we can roll up her money. Island's got servers that can get us into her banking."