𝟎𝟎𝟕 ― el sin nombre

"LASWELL SAYS they call you Ghost

"LASWELL SAYS they call you Ghost."

The whir of the dying helicopter blades almost drowns out Colonel Alejandro Vargas's words.

Soap replies, "Actually, I believe he prefers to be--,"

"That'll do." The interruption from Ghost is sharp.

Alejandro looks to Ellie with a light smile. "You must be Ellison Miller."

She nods. "That would be me. Callsign is pending, unfortunately."

Soap decides to chime in again. "I have it, actually." They all look at him as he grins like he won the lottery. "Gizmo."

Ellie's face goes slack. "Gizmo? Like the gremlin from... Gremlins?" He nods. "Like... the creature that is cute and cuddly unless you get water on it, put it in bright light, or feed it after midnight? That Gizmo? That's what you want to call me?"

"Sounds perfect to me," Ghost says and Ellie swears she hears actual amusement in his voice.

"Oh no, you do not get a say in this," Ellie retorts. "If you're in charge of the name, I'm sure my sign will be bi-,"

"We've got to get going," Alejandro says with a laugh. "I'll just call you Ellison for now, huh? Welcome to the "city of souls."

As they walk, Soap says, "I've never been to Mexico."

"This isn't Mexico... this is Las Almas," Alejandro replies, gesturing around with his arms out.

Ghost is back to business as he says, "Shepherd's contractors are inbound to reinforce. They're bringing hardware, they'll need room."

"My base is your base."

"Good," Ghost nods, Ellie finding herself watching him as he's focused on Alejandro. "Now, where's Hassan?"

They walk up to the black SUV waiting for them, Alejandro answering, "Cartel safe-house, ten clicks from here." They're in a line of more black SUVs, Alejandro's men helping them on this mission.

She nods and they get in the car, Ellie squeezing in between the two beefcakes that are Soap and Ghost in the backseat. There is an unfamiliar man in the driver's seat. He nods to us as Alejandro introduces him. 

"This is my second in command, Sergeant Major Rodolfo Parra." 

Ellie gives him a small wave as he turns to face the windshield, saying to Alejandro, "Tengo miedo de los fantasmas..." Ellie smiles at that. She knows Spanish (among other languages) and would think Soap would find that comment funny.

"Eh, no es tan malo como parece," Ellie replies.

The boys up front smile. "You know Spanish, huh?" Alejandro asks. She nods and he looks at Soap. "You?" Soap answers no and Alejandro turns around to look out the window. "You will."