𝟎𝟏𝟖 ― guard dog

ELLIE GRIPS the end of a piece of metal, Soap lying on the ground beside her with the controls open as Laswell attempts to guide him through detonating the missile

ELLIE GRIPS the end of a piece of metal, Soap lying on the ground beside her with the controls open as Laswell attempts to guide him through detonating the missile. They had to leave the last place they holed up at. It's a game of cat and mouse now. Ellie's got her makeshift weapon to try and fight as best she can to protect Soap so he can complete the task.

The missile is going fast to D.C. 

As Soap is giving Laswell what is in row two, column three on the controls, the shadows of AQ hostiles close in, and chaos ensues. Ellie and Soap take off running, Ellie throwing her piece of metal like a knife and sticking it in one of the soldier's necks. 

"Go, Johnny!" she whisper-shouts to him, bullets whizzing past them, grazing Ellie's skin. She hisses with the stinging pain. 

They come to another tight spot to sit in, the sequence to detonate getting closer to being done. Ellie's heart is hammering in her chest. She scrambles to find another weapon. There is a long metal pole, so she grabs that. She can throw it like a spear if she has to.

"Last step, Ellie," Soap whispers. He presses a button and the controls start beeping, signaling it was a success. The only bad thing is that the sound will give away their position.

He sets the controls down and pulls Ellie with him, Ghost telling them they need to take out the guards and kill Hassan. She wishes it were as easy as saying it. Soap pries open a drawer and grabs a boxcutter. 

"You two are dealing with armored AQ, I advise you stun them before going for the kill," Ghost advises.

Ellie watches as Soap grabs random items, it clicking when she realizes he's making a trap to daze the guards. 

"Let's split up, Gizmo," Soap says. "I've seen you fight, you're deadly. See you soon." And with that, he rushes off. She can hear gunfire. 

Gritting her teeth, Ellie stands and walks quietly through the construction, ducking down as an AQ soldier comes her way. When he is in front of her, she rams the metal pole through his neck, taking him to the ground. She pulls it out and blood shoots out from the wound as he chokes on his blood. She leaves him. 

When she rounds a corner, she sees Hassan standing over an unconscious Soap, hiding herself as much as she can. He drags Soap's body to a broken window, spitting out harsh words. Ellie sneaks around to stay out of Hassan's sight. Her hand is tight around her bloodied weapon. 

"Ghost," Soap groans into the radio, Ellie almost sighing at the sound of his voice. "Watch the window."

Hassan grabs Soap's collar and pulls him up, saying, "We are not attacking... we are invading." He has Soap eye level to him now. Hassan is raggedly leading Soap to the open space, getting ready to throw him out the window. 

Ellie stumbles forward, shouting, "No!"

This causes Hassan to turn his head around and glare at her, her voice taking him by surprise. That distraction gives Ghost the perfect opportunity. A pop rings out and Hassan's head explodes by the force of the sniper bullet. He and Soap fall to the ground, Ellie rushing to her friend, pulling him away from the window.