𝟎𝟎𝟗 ― solidarity

ELLIE AND GHOST lay beside one another, her with binoculars and him with his sniper

She had asked if she gets a gun — to which he answered, "You told me you aren't any good at sniping. Why would I give you one and risk the whole team?"

So she had no argument with that. But the minutes spent in silence with bated breath as they wait for any word from Soap. Alejandro has a mask ready for him that is fitted with comms. He's been inside the mansion for too long. She's getting worried. 

"What if he said something wrong?" Ellie whispers to Ghost. 

He doesn't move from his scope. "He didn't."

Sighing, she holds her binoculars up. After a moment, she sees movement in front of large windows. Soap is being searched by one of El Sin Nombre's masked men. 

"Ghost. First floor, spotted Soap and Alejandro," she tells him. 

"Good eyes, Miller," he responds, shifting in the dirt beside Ellie.

"Radio check?" Alejandro's voice comes through.

"Got you," Soap confirms. 

"Ghost, we're in," Alejandro says to the team. 

"What've you got?" he questions. 

They stand around the woman who is sitting in a chair, keeping her held inside a secure and empty cargo container

They stand around the woman who is sitting in a chair, keeping her held inside a secure and empty cargo container. Valeria. The woman behind El Sin Nombre. Hiding in plain sight. She is smart. No one expected her to be Sin Nombre. They had all been looking for a man. 

What makes things worse is that apparently, she has a history with Alejandro. Ellie can tell how bad it's getting to him. The dimly lit container is stuffy, Ellie hanging off to the side where Rudy is. Alejandro, Soap, and Graves are talking to Valeria. Ghost is lurking in the dark corner. Ellie would laugh if the situation wasn't so serious.

"Why are you doing this?" Graves asks her after having heard how exactly she got into power.

Ex-military and served in the same unit as Alejandro. Her squad was secretly the enforcers for the cartel leader. She killed him and took over.