𝟎𝟐𝟕 ― even simon

"GIVE US a minute would you, John?" Laswell asks as she steps inside the tent

Price and Ghost are sat across from Ellie as she is on the floor, knees up to her chest.  They've been trying to get her to open up. She's returned back to normal, for the most part. However, they haven't been able to get any details from her about what Grady said.

And according to Ghost, he's not broke yet either.

Ellie shudders at that thought.

The two men leave, Laswell sighing as she gets on the floor beside Ellie. Once the guys have gotten a few feet away, she meets Ellie's eyes.

"You okay?" Kate says quietly. She gives a knowing look.

Ellie nods. "I'm fine, really. He just... he just said something that got to me." She looks to the spot where the guys were sitting. "I think they're taking it to heart too much."

"They care about you. Ghost especially." She shrugs. "They don't want anyone treating you poorly."

"Ghost especially?" Ellie repeats, brows furrowed. "He is so back and forth, it drives me up the wall. Can't tell if he loves me or hates me."

"I can guarantee he doesn't hate you, Ellie." Laswell sighs again, face growing more solemn before she speaks again. "Do you still have it?"

The question makes Ellie's heartbeat pick up. "What?"

Laswell elaborates. "Do you still have the note?"

Ellie's face drops, attempting to hold in her panic. "What do you mean, Laswell?"

She softens her eyes. "I know, Ellie. It's okay."

"You... know?"

"About Graves. Yes."

Ellie blows out a puff of air. "Do they?"

Laswell laughs shortly, shaking her head. "You think if they knew, they'd be here right now? That they'd be here instead of hunting him down? No. They don't know." She pauses. Her eyes meet Ellie's. "And you aren't telling them."

Ellie stammers. "What? I don't think that's a good idea."

"It's not, but it's the best idea we have right now. Those men are itching to get their hands on Graves. Unbeknownst to them, we need him and his Shadow Company. Shepherd... well, I could live without him. But it's how we have to fight right now."

"But..." Memories of the tank come back to her mind. "The tank? What really happened?"

"He wasn't in it, Ellie. He's fine. He actually requested I get that note to you."

Her eyes widen. "You were behind that?" Laswell nods. "Captain Price is going to be livid."

"He'll live. My choices might be questionable, but you guys worked well together."