𝟎𝟐𝟓 ― right?

AWKWARD DOESN'T even begin to describe the car ride back to the small base set up by KorTac

AWKWARD DOESN'T even begin to describe the car ride back to the small base set up by KorTac. No one speaks a word as they pull away from the house. This wasn't the way Ellie wanted to meet König. In his defense, he thought she was a Shadow.

Granted, she was a Shadow. But not presently. She's thankful to the good Lord she's not anymore. He would've ripped her apart with his bare hands. More like bear hands, cause they're about as big as a grizzly's paw. He's got them resting on his massive thighs, fingers not having quit tapping since they got in the car. Ellie can't help but stare at him.

"How tall are you?" she asks, them sitting beside each other in the back seat.

"6'10."

"Good night," Ellie whispers sharply, shuffling away from him in her seat. "Do you always approach potential enemies like that?"

He shrugs. "There is no room for potentiality. In the field, you are either the enemy or not." König gestures to Soap and Ghost. "Those two, I recognize. Your face is new to me."

"Yeah, I get that, but... you didn't even ask questions or anything."

"Didn't know an interview was necessary before eradicating enemies."

"Eradicate, alright," Ellie mutters. "What's with the hood?"

"What's with the skull mask?"

"That's enough talking," Ghost orders from the front seat, Soap driving them back. He was more than angry at the realization it was König who was causing Ellie to be so frantic.

"We're either gonna get along great or not at all," Ellie tells König quietly.

"Hoffen wir, dass es die erste Option ist."

Ghost, Soap, and Ellie have settled into their tent. They are all three sharing. Ghost only spoke to their leader at dinner. König kept eyes on Ellie during the meal. It was unsettling, to say the least. Her appetite for the rice was gone. She's been close to death before. She's stared it in the face.

However, never literally.
Staring him in the face was terrifying.

The three are currently laying under loose blankets, having secured their tent with nets and tarps to keep out insects. Thankfully KorTac has guards posted overnight to look for any hostiles.

The sound of wolves howling makes Ellie pause as she goes to lay down. Soap is already snoring. Ghost is sitting upright, rifle perched in his lap.

Her mind fires back and forth with her heart.

Her heart wins in the end.

"You good, Ghost?" she whispers in the dim lighting of the lantern.

He blinks once, facing her then with almost dropping brown eyes. He looks exhausted. Eyes bloodshot.

"Yeah." The reply is unconvincing.