10||trapped memories

Start from the beginning

Reyansh descends the stairs with a glass of orange juice before taking a seat beside his mother. He ignores his cousins, taking out his phone and shooting a text to Vishal to send him his local gangster, Tavir's number.

"Let's go here. The restaurant is nearby, gives an ocean view for Bhabhi, and aesthetic vibes for Amaira." Vedant rolls his eyes, receiving glares from both the ladies, which he royally ignores.

"Yes, it is pure veg and has a good name around the town." Vedansh agrees with his brother.

"I will make the reservation." Vedansh dials the number of the reception.

"Keep your Dadi and me out of this."

"Why?" Amaira calls out to Mira.

"You all go, the environment is new for us, and with aging age, it takes time for us to adjust. You all will be roaming around, and we will get tired easily. Instead, you all go." Mira replies.

"How will we go leaving you both alone?" Kritika issues her concern.

"I am not going." Before the issues could foster more, Reyansh raised his hand, backing off from the plan.

"Not you too, bhai," his brother complains.

"I have to meet someone and probably would be doing lunch there." he says vaguely.

"You can do the meeting and join us at lunch."

Reyansh shakes his head, "Naah! I am good. On the note, it's your double date. I had rather be away than be a third-wheeler. Just go and enjoy."

Which earns a coat of blush on the face of two women. That was itself the truth. He doesn't want to join his brothers for lunch because it always gets boring and it twists his stomach every time his brothers look at their wives with love. He doesn't fear having his food by himself; rather, he fears having it with someone who is not her. It always has been a twister to those memories.

"Okay, as you say. Let me call the receptions." Vedansh leans forward, towards the screen, dialing the number, when his fingers halts over the call icon.

"What happened?" Kritika asks. Reyansh looks at his brother, who sat with deep thought.

"How to spell the name?" he looks at other, with his brows snapped together.

Vedant lashes fluttered at his brother, saying, "You are not able to spell it."

"That is why I am asking you."

"You seriously are not able to pronounce the name." Vedant voice held bewilderment.

"Are you deaf?" Vedansh scowls.

"And you illiterate?"

"Then say the words yourself." He snaps at his younger brother. Vedant smirks which fall at the speed of lightning after he looks at the name of the restaurant.

"It's Ra-yher." His tongue twist itself in and the name sounding foreign itself.

"Shut up, it is Rah-yer." Amaira flaunts in her British accent.

"No no, it Rayyer. I think the restaurant is owned by some south Indians." Kritika suggested, turning the laptop towards her side.

The name even though Reyansh has heard for the first time, but it made a hint of familiarness in his mind. His mind took him at the memories of the back, which he clearly remembered. On that day he was back from the dealing with the mafias, and since Kiraz had her exams in a month, he took the responsibility of teaching her by himself.

The books were sprawled on the bed, he was doing her the accounts sum which she was finding hard to understand. Whereas she mindlessly was drawing doodles at the top corner of the book.