XXVIII.

𝘓𝘖𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘚, 𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈
𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟱

DAWNASIA "DAWNIE" GOODE
𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘚

It was about 3 in the afternoon, and Dawnie, Kayla, Parish, Angel, Mucci, Yay, Muncho and Frisco all sat inside an old recreation gym, on the floor, talking amongst themselves. They've been practicing basketball drills and cheers since 12 this afternoon and were all taking a quick break to rejuvenate. The girls all were trying to prepare themselves for tryouts that were coming up soon and the boys wanted to help them practice and be around them.

Dawnie was awfully quiet today, which wasn't normal. She had a lot on her mind from family to basketball. Her brother revealed her mother confessing Tanky not being her daddy's when she got home a few days ago and the confession lingered her mind heavily. She wasn't a daddy's girl as before Jalan came home, but she loved and cared for Jahsean dearly. The possibility of her not being his caused havoc on her mind, resulting into her being thrown off focus.

She didn't want to talk about anything with her friends so she stayed quiet and in her thoughts. Her friends thought that she was locking in and that was the reasoning behind her quietness but little did they know what was going on in her mind was causing her quietness on this hangout.

Angel was also quiet and very observant of Mucci and his friends. After what Frisco revealed to her, she couldn't stop  thinking about the possibility of them harming her and her friends at any given time. She stared at them with a bland expression while rolling her eyes at their jokes. She was irritated with their presence's, and couldn't mask the irritation. Frisco caught on to both of them being a little unusual and automatically assumed what he told her, was effecting their vibe with them.

Just by the way Dawnie stared at the floor, rolling the ball inbetween her hands, while glancing at them then around the room, staring off into space, put him on edge. He was anxious because he didn't know if what he told Angel was reasoning on her off vibe right now. He prayed Angel didn't tell her what he told her because then, he was gonna have to deal with 15 plus niggas on his owns.

Kayla and Parish on the other hand, joked and talked shit with the boys like normal. They didn't have a clue on what was going on around them "Ian lying Munch, You ass as fuck gang. White girl does this ball shit." Mucci told Muncho.

Yay, Parish, Kayla and Frisco bust out laughing at Muncho facial expression "Bitch how many times I gotta tell you niggas, I don't play sports? I rob people. Y'all got this ball shit." He shooed him off.

"Well what you talking like you get down on the court like that for then?" Yay asked him.

"Because I got a mouth and can talk shit." Muncho responds.

Dawnie continues to roll the ball back and forth between her hands, before she got up, grabbing the ball. She walked away from the circle, dribbling as she walked to the 3 point line of a court. Everyone in the circle, watched her as she took the shot, and missed it "BRICKSQUAAAD!" Muncho yelled, earning laughs from them.

Dawnie smiled and flipped Muncho off as she went to retrieve the ball. Mucci got up from the floor, brushing the back of his shorts off. Dawnie grabbed the ball then turned, and walked back over to the three point line, in the corner on her right.

She looked at Mucc, going to stand under the basket. She bounced the ball a little before she dipped and took the shot again. She missed it again, this time missing the whole rim. Damn. She normal hit a corner shot. That was her signature area on any court.