𝗜𝗩.

𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠, 𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈
𝗝𝗨𝗡𝗘 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟱

JALAN "HEAVY" GOODE
𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘚

After a long 30 days, which felt like forever, today was the day of Jalan's release. He sat up all night anticipating the events of today. He knew that today was about to be a long day. He couldn't wait to see his family and friends and finally smell the outside world. He mentally prepared himself for the changes that had occurred in his absence. He knew that a lot had changed over the time, so he didn't know what to expect.

It was 5 going on 6 in the morning. The guards would be through here any minute to get the inmates up for headcount. After headcount's, Jalan would be transported by the jail van to his drop off location, which would be a city jail processing facility in LA, where Jarell and Kody would be waiting for him. He didn't know that Kody knew about his release so that would be the first surprise of his day.  

After 20 minutes of laying in the bed, staring at the ceiling, the lights flicked on, causing him to shield his eyes as he sat up. The sound of the alarm going off to wake the inmates up, filled the pod. The unit doors started to pop open and guards started to yell at the inmates to wake up and stand outside of their units to prepare for headcounts.

Jalan stood from his bed, stretching. He moved his wildly hair from his face as he watched Officer Smith, the arranged officer that would be transporting him, step into his unit and nod "Goodmorning Goode. After you get dressed, step out and wait for instructions."

Jalan nodded, looking at the clothes Jarell dropped off for him to wear. He walked over to the toilet using the bathroom. After using the bathroom, he brushed his teeth and washed his face then got dressed. He laced the white forces on his feet then stood, grabbing his bag full of his notebooks and pictures. He left his commissary items stacked on the table for his gang brothers to have, they would need it more than he would. He walked over to the door and turned and looked around the small cell one last time. He shook his head before stepping out of his unit, placing his back against the wall behind him.

He looked around noticing the stares and glares from other inmates as the guards went around, counting. He looked to his right and nodded his head at Nitty Crip. Nitty Crip returned the head nod with a slight grin on his face. Nitty was happy that Jalan was getting out of here. After taking him under his wing and getting to know Jalan, he found his place as a father figure to him. It was like a father proud of his son moment for Nitty.

After headcount's were over, the guards instructed the inmates to return to their units and prepare for breakfast. Officer Early and Smith both approached Jalan, motioning for him to lead the way. They started to escort Jalan away from his unit, looking around at the other inmates. Jalan stopped at Nitty Crip unit and stepped in sighing "Let's go Goode." Office Early demanded.

"Let him say bye." Officer Smith told Early.

Jalan and Nitty Crip approached one another and embraced each other. Nitty Crip patted Jalan back smiling "Today the day baby. Stay out the way. Ion wanna see you in here ever again. Don't forget about a nigga once you get out there too. At least write me a letter to let me know how everything going out there. I love you to death lil nigga. Keep holding yo nuts."

Jalan chuckled at the last sentence nodding "I will Unc. Thank you man. I ain't gone forget about you niggas in here. I'ma hold y'all down out there. I left some shit in my unit for y'all boys. Try not to eat that shit at once." He said earning a heartfelt laugh from Nitty Crip.