𝗜𝗜𝗜.

𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘚𝘛𝘖𝘕, 𝘛𝘌𝘟𝘈𝘚
𝗠𝗔𝗬 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟱

INDIA "DIA" PORTER
𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘚

"DIA! WHERE THE BOX WITH THE KITCHEN APPLIANCES?!" Chyna called, walking through the 3 bedroom home, carrying a toaster under one arm, with a conventional oven in her hands.

India stepped out of the baby's room, taking a baby set off of a rack. She opened her mouth to reply but heard her father tell her "It's in the truck already. Just put it in a new box."

India stepped back into the room, folding the two piece set. She walked over to the box, placing the set inside then grabbed another seat from the pile, folding it up "She have so many clothes and ain't even here yet. This don't make no sense." Mackenzie, India's friend and godmother of her unborn child said, while helping her pack the room up.

It was 11 in the morning on a Saturday and India's family flew and drove down to Houston to help her pack and move back to LA to be closer to them during her pregnancy. After hearing the news of her nephew dying, she agreed to move back to support and mourn his death with her family. She felt she needed to be there for Poppy in this time because she understood what Poppy was going through. She too had lost a child and knew that this was a hard situation to deal with alone.

India was currently 5 months pregnant with her second child and she was anxious as hell. After the stillbirth of her first child, Haven Janelle Jackson, she tried to move through this pregnancy with caution. She didn't want to make any mistakes as before in her first pregnancy. She was scared of giving birth to another dead baby. She felt like she died in that hospital room after pushing her baby out and not hearing any cries and cooing.

The trauma of her delivery from the first baby, haunted her and she hated it. It took her 3 years to mourn and bring herself from that dark place. She was afraid to go back down that dark tunnel once more. She fell so deep into depression, she wasn't the same person anymore. She felt empty and alone and none existent. She tried everyday to not let stress take over her body and mind, and to be gentle with herself as much as possible. 

"She?" India eyebrows raised as she took hangers off the sets and decided to lay the clothes flat inside the box to save time "My little shit is definitely a boy."

Mackenzie laughed out loud. India didn't know the gender of the baby yet so she often referred to the fetus as her little shit or her flower child "Please stop calling my godbaby a little shit."

Mackenzie and India have been friends since India moved to Houston, 5 years ago. They both were business women, one owning two Estheticians building while the other owned three popular night clubs, downtown Houston. The two met after a night out at the bar with their significant others and instantly clicked.

"You right. My flower child is a boy unfortunately. Not a girl." India grinned, placing the last of the baby clothes inside the box then turned and grabbed the tape.

"Ut un. TT baby is a girl. That belly is sitting up high baby." Mackenzie beamed, writing "BABY CLOTHES" on the side of the box with a sharpie.

"Aww lord, Here you go with these medieval myths." India tapped the box up.

Mackenzie chuckled, getting up, grabbing the box "And here you go calling beliefs, medieval myths."