I swam laps, showing off a bit, and Seungmin asked me to teach him the butterfly. I smiled and took notice of how closely he watched me as I taught him the basics. He flopped around like a fly that had been stung by a zapper, but I told him he did a good job anyway.

We all eventually grew tired from swimming and retired to the house where we showered and went to our separate beds.

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I called and the door creaked open. Seungmin walked in and towards my bed with two mugs and held one out for me.

"Join me for a tea on the balcony?" he offered and I nodded as I got out of bed. I undid the extra locks that I'd added to my balcony doors, and we went outside. Seungmin stopped to look at all of the locks and shook his head as he sipped his tea.

The balcony was beautiful. Kudzu hung off of the railings and the lights were warm and dim enough to provide illumination without blinding us. My balcony overlooked the pool and, beyond the fencing, a wooded area stretched for miles. It was serene.

"How are you doing?" Seungmin asked me. I was a bit surprised by the question since he'd been with me every day since we got here. He should know better than anyone, but maybe it was just a polite conversation opener that I was overthinking.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"Come on, Chan. I want the real answer."

I sighed. How much had he noticed in the time we'd spent together? Did he know I still had feelings for him? Did he know I was sleepwalking again? Did he know I was worried that this house would end up just like the last one?

"I saw the extra locks. Are you worried someone's going to break in?" he questioned me.

"Not exactly..." I began but he cut me off.

"Because Jeongin is still at the Seo house. The Hwangs don't even know that this place exists. We're safe here."

"I'm not worried about someone breaking in," I replied.

"I mean clearly you are. You have like four locks on your door. Would my room make you feel safer?

I shook my head and decided it was time to confess. "I'm not worried about someone breaking in, I'm worried about me getting out."

Seungmin looked confused by my admission. "What?"

I sighed again and took a sip of the tea before I explained. "I sleepwalk sometimes. I locked my balcony like that to make sure it would be impossible for me to unlock the door while unconscious, so I don't fall off."

"Oh. I've never seen you sleepwalk. Are you sure you do?"

"I'm sure," I confirmed before adding, "and you have seen it."

Seungmin looked shocked. "No, I haven't? When"

I winced as though I was in physical pain at having to tell him this. "The last night at the Seo house. I don't remember talking to you."

I looked over at Seungmin who looked hurt by what I'd said.

"What do you mean? Do you regret what we agreed on and want to change your mind? Just tell me."

"No, no. I just don't remember." I set my mug down on the table and took his empty hand in mine. "I wish I did."

Seungmin examined my face for a moment. I stared sincerely back at him, pleading for him to believe me.

"I wish you remembered," he whispered.

"Me too," I responded.

Seungmin intertwined our fingers and stared out at the woods. He was clearly saddened by something I'd unknowingly forgotten.

"You're not lying?" he asked again to be certain.

"Mrs. Seo had my things in your room when we first got here so that I wouldn't have a balcony," I confessed.

"Oh no. Chan, you should've told me. We can switch back tomorrow," he rambled out of worry.

"I'd rather know what you told me at the Seo house."

Seungmin's face flushed, and he stroked the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I told you I wasn't ready to date despite Jeongin being locked away."

I figured I'd asked him that.

"But I also told you that I didn't want to cut you out completely."

I was sure unconscious Chan would've agreed.

"And I told you that I'd try my best to not be afraid..."

Seungmin moved closer to me and put his mug down as well so that he could cup my face and stare into my eyes.

"Because I love you, Chan."