Chapter 23.

Yu Tung don't even know why Hsu Kai has changed the whole set up for the living room and put a new bed in it. He doesn't get the sense of privacy when he's sleeping in the living room with Hsu Kai.

He wakes up, and slowly pushes himself up against the bedframe. It's been three days since he got shot and the first face he sees when he woke up is Hsu Kai. Hsu Kai's brother told him that Hsu Kai has never left Yu Tung's side at all.

"Oh. You're awake." Jiang Rui says as he sips onto the cup of coffee, while dragging a small luggage behind him. He is completely oblivious to Hsu Kai who is still sleeping beside Yu Tung. "I was just about to check on you to see if you're running any fever."

"It just hurts a lot." Yu Tung complains, not noticing the luggage. "Are you sure it's supposed to hurt this much?"

Jiang Rui lets out a soft laugh. "What do you mean? You got shot twice. Obviously, it's going to hurt. If it doesn't, I'm going to need to bring you in to the hospital to do a thorough check up on you."

Yu Tung looks at his left hand. It still feels slightly numb, but he can move his fingers. Compared to the first day when he woke up, it is hard for him to even wiggle them. "Thank you for helping me. I'm not sure how to repay you or even if I can repay you." Yu Tung replies.

Jiang Rui shakes his head. "How many times are you going to thank me? Also, I'm quite interested in the kind of person Hsu Kai is into and I should say, you're really the opposite of him. He hasn't say a single thank you since I've been here."

Yu Tung looks at the sleeping Hsu Kai beside him. Yu Tung is not even sure how he can still sleep with the conversation going on. "Well. I could say that opposite attracts I guess." Yu Tung laughs. "By the way, I hope Hsu Kai's room is enough for you. I'd love to give a proper hospitality to a guest but... as you can see."

Jiang Rui dismiss it with a gesture of his hand. "Think nothing of it. It's been a while since I saw my own brother. So it's fine. Think of this as a welcoming gift."

Yu Tung narrows his brow and looks at Jiang Rui questionably. "Welcoming gift? Welcome to what exactly?"

"To the family." Jiang Rui reply simply. "I can see from the rings that the two of you are wearing. Just so you know, Hsu Kai loves it when you feed him. He's like a big baby if you really need to know."

"I know." Yu Tung lets out a soft laugh.

Hsu Kai groans. "Can the both of you stop talking. I'm trying to sleep here." Hsu Kai slowly opens his eyes, adjusting his sight.

"So you've been eavesdropping huh?" Jiang Rui calls him out.

"Of course. I need to know what you and my husband is talking about." Hsu Kai answers. He pushes himself up and looks at Yu Tung, still covered in bandages. "How are you feeling today?"

Yu Tung's face got read from embarrassment. He is unsure on how to reply to Hsu Kai's statement of being his husband. He has never once thought of it that way. "I-I... Uhh..." Yu Tung stutters as he figures what to say to Hsu Kai.

"Oh good. You broke him. Look at him finding his words when you call him 'husband'. You better fix him." Jiang Rui jokes.

"I know a way to fix him." Hsu Kai answers in a snide tone. "But I can't do it with you here. It has to be done privately. So, if you would please excuse me, let me fix him right up."

"Do you want to ruin him?" Jiang Rui scolds. "You're obviously going to reopen his wounds. All my hard work is not going to be for nothing just because you're horny." Jiang Rui puts his hands on Hsu Kai's shoulder, stopping him from advancing to Yu Tung.