Chapter 15.

Hsu Kai couldn't believe he allowed Yu Tung to sleep on the sofa. Hsu Kai didn't realize how soft he has gotten when he met Yu Tung. He remembers being firm and strict but when Yu Tung is before him, all of those seems to fade away.

Hsu Kai did not regret watching shows on the television with Yu Tung. He knows that no matter what, seeing Yu Tung this weak and sick, he will allow whatever Yu Tung wants to do as long as he recovers quickly.

Hsu Kai lets out a sigh, not knowing how Yu Tung manages to impact so much of his life. He stirs the pot, while taking a quick glance at Yu Tung on the sofa. He plans to prepare something easy to eat for Yu Tung.

Hsu Kai puts the remaining ingredients into the pot and continues to stir it. He turns the heat to low and let it boil until it thickens. He walks back to Yu Tung and checks his temperature by putting his hand on Yu Tung's forehead. Hsu Kai smiles to himself, the ice pack and the medicine seems to be working. The heat radiating from Yu Tung doesn't seem to be as hot as this morning.

Yu Tung grumbles and slowly opens his eyes. Yu Tung's heart starts to flutter as the first sight he sees is Hsu Kai. "Good morning." Yu Tung greets.

Hsu Kai lets out a small laugh. "It's going to be midnight."

"It's technically early in the morning." Yu Tung jokes.

"If you can make a joke like that, it means that you're getting better." Hsu Kai says as he slides his hands down to Yu Tung's cheek. He is appreciative of the boy before him for all that he has done. "Thank you. I really don't know how to repay you for the things that you've done."

Yu Tung pushes himself up from the sofa and pulls Hsu Kai to sit beside him. "You don't have to. I want to help you with clear intentions. I do not need or want anything in return. Just having you here is more than enough for me."

Hsu Kai looks down at his hands. "You know..." Hsu Kai drags out. "It's not too late to reconsider. I really don't want to drag you into this. You really don't know what you're dragging yourself into."

Yu Tung puts his hands on Hsu Kai's face, lifting him up to meet Yu Tung's gaze. "I know I don't say this often, but I need you to know. I stayed because of you. My life has been boring and nothing but work and home. You gave me things that have made me cherish the life that I currently have. Despite all the killing and torture, you're the only one whom I wish could be the furthest from all those things."

"You know I can't just let things go like that. Without me, they don't have a leader. They have no one to look up to. They don't have a job even though it's illegal but it's the only thing that they can do." Hsu Kai explains.

Yu Tung shakes his head. "I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your safety. I support you in all the things that you're doing. I just want you to be safe, away from harm."

Hsu Kai didn't expect someone to genuinely wish for his safety. Despite being in this job, safety is something that can be compromised easily. He realizes that all of Yu Tung's effort is to keep him safe. It took him too long to realize it.

He didn't know what else to say or do. The man before him is the one that has changed him maybe for the better. Yu Tung is someone who can see sympathy, something that Hsu Kai has lacked.

Hsu Kai leans in for Yu Tung's lips. Yu Tung could feel that Hsu Kai's kiss is full of passion and other emotions that relate to gratefulness. The soft lips of Yu Tung and his understanding has given Hsu Kai more than he could ask for. Hsu Kai parts his lips from Yu Tung. "I love you, Yu Tung." Hsu Kai says with a small hitch his breath.

Yu Tung could see that Hsu Kai is getting emotional. Yu Tung drops the duvet around him and wraps his arms around Hsu Kai. Hsu Kai digs his face into Yu Tung's shoulder. Hsu Kai didn't realize the tears rolling down his face. He couldn't remember when he said those words but he meant every single word.

"I love you too." Yu Tung replies. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for those words to come."

Their embrace got tighter. Yu Tung and Hsu Kai knows that from this moment on, they know that they can rely on each other. It was more than words, more than the embrace. They knew that nobody would understand them as much as each other.

Hsu Kai wipes his tears on Yu Tung's shirt and pulls away from the boy. "I guess that's enough emotional moment." Hsu Kai lets out a forced laugh.

Yu Tung smiles. He knows that Hsu Kai is not used to this kind of emotional expression. He wipes the remaining tears that are still rolling on Hsu Kai's face with his thumb. "Alright." Yu Tung replies. "It's better to end it here before Nat and Louis come over again. We won't know how they'll react this time if they see us like this."

Hsu Kai lets out a short laugh. "They'd be surprised. They probably wouldn't expect someone like me to show this kind of emotions."

Yu Tung could just imagine it right now. They wouldn't even believe that this happened if Yu Tung decided to tell them. "Alright. You better go check on the food. I can smell it from here. Make sure not to overcook it."

Hsu Kai's eyes widen. He quickly jumps out from the sofa. "I forgot about it!" Hsu Kai says as he runs to the kitchen. Yu Tung let out a small laugh as he sees Hsu Kai running to the stove. Hsu Kai turns off the stove as sees the stew has the thick consistency that he is going for.

The main door suddenly opens. Nat and Louis walks in, dragging their feet. Hsu Kai could see them from the kitchen and Yu Tung could definitely tell that there is a lot of things for them to do.

Louis notices that Yu Tung is in the living room. "Please tell me that you're fine. We didn't even manage to visit more than half of the places that we needed to. I'm really tired from picking everything."

Yu Tung smiles softly. "I should be fine by tomorrow."

Hsu Kai clears his throat. "We will see if you get enough rest tonight. If you're really fine by tomorrow, then I'll consider bringing you out to visit some of the vendors from your plans."

Nat grabs a seat by the island table. "The more I think about it, the more I think that the plan wouldn't be completed without Yu Tung's help. All of us are helpless when it comes to planning things like this."

"Why? If not how would you guys set up an ambush or something along those things?" Yu Tung asks.

Louis grabs a seat by Yu Tung. "We would just rent out a bar and call them to come over. If it turns out well, then there wouldn't be anything for us to worry about. However, more than half the time it doesn't turn out well and there's always a shoot out in the bar."

"We lost some of our boys and also a lot of money because of covering hospital bills and the damages for the bar." Nat joins in the conversation. "Having you around and with the plans and budget that you have given us, it cuts out budget down by more than three quarter."

"Then what about that sleeping pill or whatever it is called to knocked Zhang Teng's men out while I have the transaction with Zhang Teng?" Yu Tung asks.

"We went to that first. Apparently, he doesn't have enough for more than forty people. We'll just have to hope that he doesn't have more than that or we would have to resort to your back up plan and just point a gun to their head while they're not looking and hope that they would give up." Louis answers.

"If they don't, you technically have another back up plan and we can go with that." Nat voices out. "I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that. It will be a lot of hassle to go through all of that."

"Let's just hope for the best. I did make a lot of back up plans incase something goes wrong." Yu Tun replies.

"You made too many back up plans for nearly everything and anything that could happen." Hsu Kai scolds Yu Tung. "It's a little bit too much if you ask me. However, I really appreciate it. Usually, we would just wing it and make sure that everyone is fine."

"Have you shared this plan with the rest?" Yu Tung asks. "They need to know of it so they will understand what we're going to do."

"I'll email them once we settle the things with the vendor." Hsu Kai answers.

Louis nods. "If you give it to them now, they probably won't remember when the day comes and everything will be for nothing."

"That bad, huh?" Yu Tung answers.