Chapter 7 - Lauren

Marnie hugged her arms around Charisma. She could she was silently crying. " charisma he had his reasons, he is doing it to protect you and the babies even though he still thinks it's just one baby.. which is crazy.. are you gonna tell him.

"When he can be bothered to show his face." Charisma said and rubbed her eyes to stop the tears. She sighed "I didn't mean that... I know why he's not here, I just miss him more than I thought I would and for the last six months I have thrown everything at keeping myself busy and not letting my mind dwell on him... But secretly he's all I can think about."

" I knew it! I've been telling you that, and you've been telling me no, no, no I'm wrong

" I knew it! I've been telling you that, and you've been telling me no, no, no I'm wrong.. I know you, we grew up together.. I can see how much it's hurting you, I'm just sorry that things have turned out for you the way that they have." She said. " how about you come down here to my level so I can hug you properly." She added.

After she had given her a proper hug Marnie wheeled herself outside as she was keeping in contact with Lauren and telling them where to meet them. She had just had word that Lauren was in the hospital, so she went to get her.

Charisma looked over the incubators first at her son and then at her daughter. "Your daddy will love you both you know.. he's gonna be crazy about you.. just as crazy as I am." She said, and as she finished speaking she turned to look at the door and saw Lauren stood there.

"Oh my god.. wow.." she said on seeing the two incubators that charisma was stood in between. She walked straight over to charisma and hugged her tightly. "How does it feel to be a mommy?." She said with a huge smile and gifts in a bag.

" She said with a huge smile and gifts in a bag

Charisma smiled. "It feels great, my son was born first and then my daughter was born 20 minutes later...

Lauren looked over the incubators. "Oh my.. damn they both really look like their daddy." She said with a laugh. "Which is more than I can say for Alexis...

Charisma looked at her. "What do you mean?."

Alexis isn't Keegans... She's Kane's." Lauren said. "Well.. to be honest and this is just between me and you because I trust you, I don't even think he is the father"

"what?" Charisma said, taken aback by what she just said.

Lauren raised her eyebrows. "Kane wasn't the only one that she slept with.. ok.. that was mean of me, because I don't actually know if she slept with the guy but she definitely went back to his hotel room after she'd been drinking one night and that was about a week before Kane it was on her hen party.. you went early, presumably you were seeing Keegan" she said with a smirk and rolled her eyes. " but she never mentioned it like she did with Kane. She was scared and worried with him....so no one really knows what happened in that hotel room with the other guy because she just carried on as normal the next day.... anyway I am not here to badmouth her and I am the only one who knows that little nugget of information, but Alexis isn't Keegans" she looked back at the incubators "but these two are and oh my God they are so cute"

"How is Keegan?." Charisma asked. " it must've tore out his heart when he found out that she wasn't his."

" I think he knew, put it this way he didn't seem surprised... I think he had prepared himself for bad news so it didn't upset him as badly when he got that news." She said. " but he loves her and he is willing to stay by her and raise the child and...
She stopped.
"Charisma I'm sorry.. you probably don't want to hear that, especially with you being the one who has his blood children right here."

"No, as much as I wish he could be with me and trust me I do... Everything is just too complicated he is involved with my father and everything with that is just too complicated. I do not need my children involved in all of this." Charisma said. " they are my priority, but I will never stop loving him."

"You take all of this in your stride, charisma you were with him first...it should be you that he is with permanently, not Nijada..she doesn't deserve him.."

" she has had it just as tough as I have. And she loves him...

"And so do you... But you are willing to roll over and have another woman take the man you love??..Do you know I never got to say this to you before you left because you went so quickly to New Jersey... But after I heard everything, and everything was out in the open, bombshell after bombshell on that day at Alfie's place.... I knew that you weren't that vindictive.. and I never thought to blame you for anything... he was your man, she stole him from you.. and you had to live it out on the sideline...

Charisma took a deep breath and sighed out heavily. "Can we change the subject because that is the past to me now, my future is right here, my babies... And yes they were created with the man I love and I couldn't have asked for more... But we can't change the past so there's no point in talking about it."

————————-

Keegan had gone out for a few drinks with Ryan to wet the baby's head. At least that was what he told Nijada that he was going to do. When in actual fact he needed some breathing space to think things through. He sat in a booth with Ryan, girls on the pole in front of them. " I spoke to Lauren earlier, and she said the baby was doing fine and Charisma."

" Man what I would do to be there with her right now" he said looking up at the ceiling and rubbing his hand over his head with frustration

" Man what I would do to be there with her right now" he said looking up at the ceiling and rubbing his hand over his head with frustration. " I guess charisma is keeping the sex of the baby from me as punishment."

" I didn't ask and Lauren didn't say... what's the game plan though man.. you are going to need to see yo baby at some point?."

"I know.. and I'm trying to get out there.. I just don't want to lead anyone to her... I don't want any harm coming to my kid.. or Charisma." He said.

"Ummm excuse me."
Keegan and Ryan turned to see a woman looking back at them.

Keegan looked her up and down "what??."

"You're Keegan Fraser right?." She said, twiddling her fingers. She looked as nervous as hell.

"What about it?." He said to her, with a straight face.

"I'm Charisma Chandler's birth mother......