Kabanata 22

CURSE's POV

I blinked over the horizon.

Long darkness goes down, and light turns over everything. The sleepy clouds themselves start to stir, stretching and transforming under the nascent light. Some puff into billowy cotton castles, while others elongate like wispy scarves trailing across the endless blue. The sun, now a fiery orb peeking over the edge of the world, throws long, dramatic shadows across the cityscape below. From here on the rooftop, everything becomes dancing silhouettes. Such as that windows flash like curious eyes, and the streets shimmer with the promise of a brand new day. As the light strengthens too, the palette of the sky expands. It's a kaleidoscope of color, like a masterpiece painted with light and air.

I sighed.

But the morning sky is not just a visual feast, it's a symphony for the senses. The air hums with the awakening of the city - the silence of traffic, the chirping of sparrows greeting the sun and the growls of the undead. And so as the city awakens, bathed in the golden glow of the morning sun, everything comes clearly in vision. Also, the rooftop that once a silent stage, becomes a platform for a million tiny dramas - growling of undead, cold bodies, and small voices comes from somewhere. The sky too, my silent companion, watches over it all, a breathtaking reminder of the expected suffering day.

I exhales.

From the rooftop, I breathe in the cool, crisp air, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, and filled with a sense of possibility. Possibility that we are facing the new trials with full of bravery in ourselves in order to survive in this chaotic weird world. I've stand still. The morning sky is a reminder that anything is possible. So, I take a deep breath, as if it is a fresh start, a clean slate upon which the day's story will be written. I blankly stared at the distant cities, ready to write my own verse in the unfolding story.

"Hindi mo ako ginising..." The voice of a large beast murmuring behind me, it's Radgeon Marucci. Napabusangot tuloy ako at natigil ang pagmumuni ko sa edge ng rooftop nung maramdaman ko ang yakap niya mula sa aking likuran.

'If we get away here safe, would you agree to be my bride?'

Naramdaman ko agad ang pag-iinit ng mukha ko nung maalala ko na naman ang kanyang sinabi kagabi. At alam niyo ba kung anong sagot ko? Wala. It's merely nothing. I just stared at him weakly that night, could not be able to respond. Bumagsak ang ulo ko sa balikat niya ngunit sinalo niya rin agad ang labi ko ng halik. So, on that night, we are just kissing hanggang sa makatulog ako. It's worst and embarrassing, right? The fùck!

"The sky is so fine right now. Ayos na ba ang pakiramdam mo? I'm surprised to see that you change clothes too?" He said and sniffs my neck.

Mas naramdaman ko ang pag-iinit ng pisngi ko at mabilis na kabog ng dibdib ko sa kahihiyan kaya tinanggal ko ang mga braso niyang nakayakap sa akin at nilingon siya. "O-Oo, kaya sana, ikaw rin. Magpalit ka na..." Nagtataray na sabi ko at bumalik sa pwesto kung saan kami kagabi. Lumapit ako sa bag na dala niya at nangalkal doon.

Ramdam ko naman ang pagsunod niya. "Saan ka nagpalit? Hindi mo ako ginising. Don't tell me you change clothes without blockers?"

Inilabas ko ang pagkain at sumagot, hindi siya nililingon. "It's fine. Wala namang nakakita."

"Doll face, hindi ka sigurado-"

Irita ko siyang nilingon. "Wala nga! Nagcheck naman ako ng paligid! Atsaka nakaharap ako sa pader!"

Ngumuso siya at hinaplos ang bewang ko. Marahan niya sana akong hihilain papalapit sa kanya pero nagpapigil ako. Nagsalita siya. "Even so..."