Chapter 119 - A Lackluster Ending

Start from the beginning

However, All for One is one step ahead.

Blue flames appear in front of the car, and Hizashi does his best to swerve the car to avoid them, but there isn't enough room to stop safely.

"Get out!" Hizashi yells as he opens his door to jump out.

Without hesitation, I gather Izuku into my arms, open the door, grab Nemuri's arm, and jump out before the car slides into the flames.

I wrap my arms tightly around Izuku, and Nemuri quickly wraps her arms around both of us to firmly protect Izuku. Our bodies crash to the ground hard, but we manage to roll to reduce the momentum overtime rather than at once. We roll quite a distance away before stopping.

"Is everyone okay?!" Hizashi calls as he rushes over to us. I can see out of the corner of my eye that he got roughed up, but it's not as bad as Nemuri and I. Still, the adrenaline must be kicking in if he is moving as easily as he is.

"Yeah!" Nemuri returns as she lets go of me. I can hear other people approaching, however, that is the least of my worries.

When I check on Izuku yet again, his eyes are slowly opening.

"Mikumo," I say, getting Hizashi and Nemuri's attention, but Izuku doesn't react. He seems distant, almost as if he doesn't hear me, "Mikumo, can you hear me?"

Either Izuku has lost his hearing, which seems unlikely, or the quirk collar is messing with him that much.

Izuku sits up slowly and looks around. It doesn't take long for him to realize where he is at when empty eyes fill with panic. Without a warning, he scrambles to his feet and tries to rush to the scene. I get up to chase after him, but Izuku doesn't last long when he trips on his feet and crashes on the ground. Despite that, he tries to get up once more.

I try to get to Izuku's side as quickly as possible, but I get intercepted by someone else.

"So glad that you could join us, Mikumo! Oh wait, I forgot you go by something else now. Care to remind me of what it is?"

All for One appears in front of Izuku with mockery dancing in his figure. He looks down at Izuku with amusement. It's as if the battlefield froze. Everyone is watching the interaction, curious about what is going to happen.

Yet nobody is moving. It feels like I am frozen by a quirk, but I am aware that it is fear.

Izuku doesn't say anything, only getting on all fours slowly.

"No response? That is highly unusual, even with your lack of self," He bends down to Izuku's height, and I don't need to see his face to know that he is smirking, "Are you finally giving up, Izuku?"

I wish I could do something, but I can't. If someone does something, Izuku could end up dead.

However, All for One stands up suddenly and runs his sleeve over his face. Did Izuku just spit in his face? I guess his germaphobia is still blocked because he would have never done that otherwise.

Izuku's creative response entertains All for One more, "Good. It would be boring if I was fighting a corpse. However, this version of you would not satisfy. I want to see you, Izuku. I want to destroy you in front of everyone so they can see how foolish they were to rely on a quirkless child. Hold still."

In the blink of an eye, All for One would have his palm on Izuku's head while ripping the anti-quirk collar from his neck. Izuku's body starts to repulse, but it suddenly stops. At the same time, Izuku's hair color would change from black back to the familiar green with less familiar white curls mixed in.

When All for One lets go, Izuku falls forward, cradles his head, and curls up. I can easily see him shaking and his back raising and lowering rapidly.

"Ah, I forget it does that. My apologies. Well, you are just going to have to work with it," All for One walks a few steps away from Izuku before turning to face him again, "I am ready for my fight now, Izuku."