16

"What's wrong? Hmm?" Voice deep, the man kept his arm behind his head. Laying in bed with the one woman he could feel the tears of slipping against his skin.

"I'm just nervous—"

"Nervous about what, baby—"

"About what the doctor said." All she could do was cry. Her tears heavy and so slow as they met with her own face before coming in contact with him. Uncaring to hide what she was feeling. Because the girl wasn't one to hide. Hide from speaking her mind.

"He said that it's good they caught it early, so I'm sure they'll be able to help me—"

"But there's always a possibility of it getting worse—"

"Miju—"

"It's already began to spread, Jimin." He listened to his girlfriend cry. His same girlfriend he'd let feel. Knowing that she was trying. Trying to process her emotions. Trying to understand what their lives were soon going to turn into.

"Just try to be positive, baby. . . all we can do is be positive." He never once got upset. Never once stayed hopeless. Allowing for the world to decide his fate. Because he knew that he couldn't fight it. That the cancer was already there and that he just needed to try. Try to do what he could to hang on.

"You know it's okay to be upset, Jimin."

"Why would I be upset, baby? Hmm? I'm not having to go through this alone. . . and that's the best feeling." She couldn't help but hate how calm he'd be at times. Even if she'd admire it. Admire how gentle the man was with the world and himself. Letting life plays its role in each obstacle he'd face.

Yet the girl didn't speak. Didn't do anything more than softly turn her head to look at him. Making the man pause the rubbing of her back as Miju perched herself up just enough to catch his lips. All while she brushed away that hair so messy over his eyes. Swearing that she'd never. Never be this in love with another man.

"No matter what happens I'm here for you, Jimin. A-And I mean that, baby, okay?" He swallowed down his own tears upon watching her's fall. Able to feel that tightening of his throat that came with those words that slipped off her lips, in which the man simply smiled at the girl. The same girl who had given the man her number. And the same girl who had came back into his life after so many years. Unaware of just how much running into the girl. . . would affect the woman herself.

"W-What are you looking at, m-mommy?" Giggled out, it was the woman's son who pulled her attention. Sitting there with him at the dinner table as he eats his breakfast. All while she stared into pure space. Captivated by the thought of him. Realizing that she had given him her number. And that the man was back in her life.

"Nothing, baby—"

"Y-You look w-weird, mommy—"

"Jitae!" In a laugh, the girl smiled at the boy who's giggles were so quick to fill the air. Chewing on that fruit the woman had cut up for him as he continued to giggle those giggles so pure at the girl.

"Finish up your breakfast, baby, hmm? Mommy needs to get you to school." He watched as she smiled. Brushing her fingers through no more than his hair, only to earn that nod from the boy.

"Where is d-daddy, mommy—"

"Daddy's right here, Jitae-ah." She could hear that voice. Belonging to the one man who had his fingers placed against the buttons to his shirt as he continued to close them. All while he gave his wife that kiss to the side of the head. His same wife who could barely. Barely look at him without thinking about him.