6

I never had to fake my smile with you like I was doing with those who were asking if you were okay. If we were okay.

"He's fine. Everything's fine." All I wanted to do was protect you. And I swear that people were only asking to see if you had passed away. If there was any chance of you surviving the one thing you knew was eating you from the inside out.

"They just care, baby—"

"They act like you're already dead—"

"Miju—"

"No. I am so sick of people being in our business—"

"Miju baby—"

"In your business." You only wanted to help me calm down. And I knew that the second you gave me that smile so heavy. All while you raised your hand up to my face with that deep you're crazy, baby.

And you were always like that. Always so sweet. Too sweet. But I couldn't. Couldn't let people treat you being sick like a simple gesture to engage in small talk.

"People are going to be curious, baby. . . that's life—"

"But not when it comes to you, Jimin. Not you." For once I hated to see you smile. Because that's all you gave me. Was that smile paired with that kiss to the lips, in which I could feel. Feel that you were leaving me. That you had accepted what was bound to come. And I couldn't. Couldn't stay here. . . without you by my side.