3

The next time we met up was no longer a coincidence. You had given me your number as I did the same to you. And I can remember the increase of my heart rate the moment I received my first text from you. The same text that was only a simple hi. And the same text that had led into oh so many more.

"I hope you don't mind that I asked to see you again. . . but I really do enjoy your company. The worlds been quite lonely these days." I could see the playfulness in your eyes as you said the words to me. All with your hands buried deep into the pockets of the jeans you attired. Something that had the base of my stomach eating me alive with butterflies.

"It's okay. . . I get lonely too." I did. I did more than I liked.

"And I enjoy your company as well. It's quite refreshing to meet someone who knows nothing about you. About your past. Or about anything that they haven't asked to know." And something within the way you looked at me changed. As if I had said something so mesmerizing only to have it reach your ears.

"I like the way you speak. . . it's different. Almost like poetry." There it was again. That same smile that had your eyes turning into little crescents as you tilted your head at me. Having leaned just a little closer to my body where we sat on an empty bench in the park. Watching those around us aimlessly walk around. Or enjoy the night air just like we were doing.

"And how is that?" I couldn't help but laugh. Bringing my hand up only to push your shoulder ever so gently as your own chuckles filled the air. So soft and so melodic to the world around it.

"I don't know. . . you just word things unlike others."

And I stayed silent as your eyes stayed locked onto mine. So deep and so sultry. Looking through each part of me that no person had ever done before. And you did it without a thought. Without trying. And without even realizing that you were doing so as I casted my head down all over again. Allowing for my hair to act as a curtain between the two of us. Even if I could still feel your gaze burning holes through my body. Because I knew that you'd forever. . . be the death of me.