12

"Let's go, Jitae. We're going to be late to school." She called out to her child. Earning those laughed giggles so heavy from the boy as he ran out of his bedroom alongside his father.

"Look how handsome you look, baby." She was quick to take hold of the boy. Earning his little arms around her neck as she did so, only to give him those peppered kisses upon his face.

"You two be safe getting to school." It was her husband who spoke. And with that quick kiss, the man followed them out of that single home. Heading to his own job, while the girl took their child to school.

"Make sure to save your cookie for last, baby, okay?"

"Okay, mommy." She looked through that rear view mirror. Able to see the smile painted upon her son's face as he continued singing to himself ever so randomly. All while she watched the boy get taken into that single school by one of the staff.

"Have a good day, okay? Mommy loves you." She was quick to smile out those words. Watching as he took hold of the lady's hand, in which she walked them into school. Swearing that she'd never get used to the aching feeling in her heart when dropping him off. So worried something would happen. So worried he needed her.

Yet she'd drive off. Heading to her own job where she let her things meet with her desk, only to greet those as she walked in. And with that breath, the girl sat down. Immediately turning on her computer, in which she listened to those notifications go off. All until one caught her eye. Caught it in such a way that had her throat going tight as her eyes burned with those tears she could feel building up.

"Jimin." She hadn't said that single name in so long. Hadn't even thought about the man in the ways she once would. Completely distracted by the everyday life that had her mind and body consumed to the point where she could barely think any thoughts at all as she read that single calendar notification. It was the man's birthday.

"Mrs. Yoon. . ." It was that single knock on those office doors that immediately pulled her attention. Her attention away from that single notification. Her attention away from those thoughts that immediately fled with nothing more than him as Miju looked over at the one person standing there.

"Y-Yes?"

"Mr.Lee wanted me to inform you that he'd be leaving early today and that the meeting scheduled for this afternoon has been canceled." All she could do was let out that soft okay upon those words. Earning no more than a gentle bowing of the head from the one woman who she watched leave her to herself. Even if she didn't feel alone. Didn't feel anything but like she had eyes watching her every move. Because there it was. That guilt. That guilt for forgetting what day it was. That guilt for not realizing it was the man's birthday. She knew she was beginning to forget him.

And with those fingers so soft, the woman pulled open that single desk drawer. Pulling out that single note she could remember finding in her bag one day. Having been completely unable to throw the thing away.

"Have a good day. . . I love you." She loved when he'd leave her notes. Remembering how often he'd leave them in her apartment when the man would come over. Telling the girl he loved her. Or that she was beautiful. Or that she just needs to keep moving in life no matter what. And she had. Had despite him not being there to push her.

And without notice, she watched the ink bleed upon that single tear that slipped her eye. Causing the girl to immediately pull that piece of paper back as she dried it off almost instantly. Making the words smear just enough to cause the message to turn just barely blurry, in which she continued to stare at that single note. Feeling that dull ache in her heart. An ache she knew she would never forget no matter how many years were to pass.