84. Apothecary

One year later they opened Avalon's Apothecary. Avalon leaned into Severus smiling up at their shop.

"It should really say Severus Apothecary." Avalon remarked.

"Avalon's Apothecary sounds better. Besides no one would come if it was my name." Severus countered. "And I wanted to name it after the woman that saved me, the woman that I love more than anything." Severus declared. "My Avalon."

"Im hungry mama." The little girl's whisper, muffled against her shirt, was nearly inaudible. Avalon smiled down at Emmalina.

"Lets make up something yummy." Avalon agreed. "In our new home." she smiled back at severus grabbing his hand as they headed inside. Potions and tonics lined the walls along with books and every plant possible it seemed.

Avalon loved that they had a garden behind the shop. It had most of the ingredients that severus needed for the potions. He was teaching avalon how to make certain tonics and she was excited to be learning again. To be safe again, this was the same wonderful feeling she got when she first stepped foot at Hogwarts.

"Ahh wonderful. Are you open yet? I would love to take to take a look around."

Avalon knew that voice. She spun around a big smile on her face.

"Newt!"

Newt was their first customer and left them a raving review on the witches web.

+

Avalon heard the ball chime and amelia ran forward ready to help her customers.

"Hello. Im amelia and welcome to-" she gasped. Avalon ran from around the book case in a panic. Amelia squealed and hugged draco tight. A smile curved avalons face as she moved to him.

"Hi sweetie." Avalon said softly.

"Hi." He answered. "I..." she noticed his bags and enveloped him in a hug. "Things are kind of crazy... and I... well I heard about your shop and hoped it was yours and... I'm sorry this was-"

"You are always welcome here." Avalon assured. "We have a nice little home not to far from the shop. A spare room too. Please if you want it we would be happy to happy have you."

"My parents... they were ashamed and embarrassed. I was too for a while Avalon." Draco admitted. "I was... im so sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Oh honey! You were listening to your father. Someone you were supposed to trust that wasn't supposed to lead you down that path". Avalon assured.

"I was old enough to know better, i did know better." Draco corrected. "I just want a fresh start. To begin again."

"You have it with us. Always." Avalon assured. "But you and harry have to get along." She added.

"Potter? Why?"

"Because he is severus son and hes staying with us as well." Avalon informed him. Draco hesitated

"We didn't leave things on a great note." He countered.

"Its in the past. Now come on. This is where we begin again."

"Malfoy."

"Potter."

"It's actually Snape." Harry corrected. Dracos jaw dropped.

"You adopted this nutter?" Draco questioned.

"Something like that." Harry agreed.

"Come on boys help set the table."

"Take my bags would you potter?" Draco mused.

"Why would I- hes staying?" Harry shouted.

"Stop arguing. Amelia show draco to the extra room please." Severus instructed

"He can stay with me." Amelia countered.

"I will show him up." Avalon countered. Amelia jumped up blocking her path.

"No! I will do it!" Amelia commanded.

"Really mum?" Harry questioned.

"He needs a home." Avalon agreed kissing harrys temple, he was getting taller than herself, so she looked up slightly to him. "He needs somewhere safe to start again." Harry sighed heavily and avalon grabbed his hand. "We begin again, remember?" Harry nodded. "My good boy." Avalon cooed.

While Severus had been labeled professor Snape. Then Snape and now Harry had been calling him Severus, Avalon went easily from Ms Avalon to mum but Harry had always selfishly wanted Avalon as a mother.

When draco came back down with Amelia he glanced around curiously.

"So... the shop... you need any employees?" Draco questioned pouring some juice.

"Harry will off to uni again soon enough, he is studying to be an Auror. " Avalon remarked fondly. "He has to explain what Aurors do every time he comes back for holiday but I'm very proud." She teased. Harry chuckled into his cup.

"So thats a yes?" Draco questioned.

"You dont want to go to school?" Avalon questioned.

"Not yet." Draco agreed. "Is that alright? I know how much you like learning." He added.

"School is not for everyone." Avalon assured. "And I think it would be lovely if you worked at the apothecary." she agreed. Severus nodded.

"You were always skilled in potions." Severus agreed. "You can help me."

"Thanks professor- should I not call you professor anymore? Calling you Severus sounds weird." Draco admitted.

"Doesnt matter." Severus assured as Harwin shoved a chunk of bread in his mouth, eyes wide as he looked between them.

"Brothers?" Harwin said through muffled breath.

"I always wanted a little brother." Draco agreed. "What do you think potter? Shall we try and not kill each other?"

"For Avalon's sake." Harry agreed shaking Dracos hand.

"Good enough." Avalon agreed.