54. Unsuccessful

'How long have you been working here?' Dolores asked

'16 years' Trewlany answered.

'Under Dumbledore?'

'Yes'

'Predict something.' Dolores requested.

'What?'

'Predict something.' Dolores demanded

'The inner eye does not see upon command.''

''Predict something.' she snapped

'I can't just-'

'that's a shame...' Dolores made some marks in her notes

''Wait wait I think I'm getting some thing. You are in grave danger...' she offered reaching out to Dolores as she left.

'Lovely' Dolores answered with a smile before heading out of the astronomy tower.

Next was severus. Avalon was having some major pregnancy symptoms and stayed in their chamber with Amelia that day watching movies and drinking sprite.

'You applied first for the defense against the dark arts post, is that correct?' Dolores asked walking around in her little pink outfit, demanding attention.

'Yes' he said simply, his eyes casually following her.

''But you were unsuccessful?'

''Obviously. 'He said Ron sniggered so as soon as Dolores left severus smacked him over the head with a book.

"She's a monster." Harry decided.

"I heard she yelled at Amelia and Ms Avalon punched her." Fred remarked.

"Thats a lie, well she did yell at Amelia but Avalon didnt punch her." Ron corrected.

"We were there." Harry agreed.

"I just wanted to." Avalon added as she passed.

"Wicked." The twins chuckled.

'Move those mouths' Dolores measured professor Flitwick as he helped orchestrate the frog choir She looked him over curiously. She was making changes, she was taking over, the minister had given her power and she was taking it.

Mrs. Snape.' Dolores walked around Avalon.

'Y-yes?''

Oh no. Not this bitch again, Avalon thought as she pulled Amelia closer.

''You have been here for how long?' Dolores questioned already making aggressive scratches in her notebook.

''Um... 3 years. This is my third.'

'And you are muggle?'

"Yes.' Avalon answered hesitantly.

'Why are you here?'

"I tend to the animals.' Avalon said stiffly her eyes drifting to severus walking in behind Umbridge. ''But Severus needed my help in potions this year."

''But you had no prior-''

''She is quite skilled with the creatures, they admire her soul.' Severus told her pulling Avalon to him while simultaneously picking up Ameloa.

''Your... wife? For how long?"

"Yes. For Seven beautiful years.' Severus told her and she nodded making a note before heading out.

''she doesn't like me.' Avalon whispered.

''she doesn't like anyone.' Severus corrected.

"I hate her." Avalon decided. "I dont hate many people but I hate her."

"What did she ask you?"

"SHe knows I'm a muggle you think she will try to fire me?" Avalon questioned.

"Albus wont let her do that." Severus corrected.

"And if he does? Better to just let go the muggle than upset the minister?"

"You will stay here, you will still be apart of the students life, they would hate it if you left, I would hate it if you left." Severus assured kissing her.

"Can we fire the lady in pink?" Amelia questioned innocently.

"I would love to." Avalon agreed. "But i dont have that sort of power."

The next few weeks were more and more of the same, Umbridge turning Hogwarts into a prison. Avalon's stomach grew and they started setting up a few things for a possible nursery. Avalon timed it out and the baby would be here in February or the beginning of March. The babies. The twins. She was so excited. She was also so nervous as Christmas was right around the corner. She hoped that all this nonsense with the ministry would be sorted out before the babies came. 

"Let me help you." Severus requested moving a caldron out of the way. Avalon chuckled. 

"I'm going to be bumping into everything, just wait until i'm 8 months and trying to help the students, I'm going to bump the wrong things into the pot." Avalon remarked. She liked working with Severus, it was less walking and she liked that Severus brewed her tea all day long when she was down here and tonics for any of her ales. Nausea? Severus had a tonic. Joint and back pain? Severus had a tonic. Migraines? He sent the children away and brewed up a tonic. He was so devoted to her, Avalon couldnt wait for this next journey to begin. But first they had to get through the winter.