10. Cancelled

Queen of Kings / Ned Stark / Gendry Baratheon

Avalon was so excited for the quidditch match until she woke up to find it pouring.

"Aww what a shame."

"What is?" Severus questioned

"Its pouring the match is cancelled." Avalon remarked. Severus chuckled. "What?"

"We play on." He corrected

"No! There's no way that is safe! It's pouring and the flying around on broomsticks!" she reminded him.

"My darling Avalon we do things a bit different here if you haven't been able to tell."

"Including getting children killed by flying around in a thunderstorm?" Avalon countered. He kissed her forehead.

"Yes."

" you sounded a bit to chipper about that."

" I can't remember the last time someone died in a Quidditch match." He agreed.

"Severus!" Avalon declared. He wrapped his scarf around her, smiling as he kissed her gently.

" bundle up my love." he answered. Avalon nodded.

"Im wearing all your clothes" she decided

" my love I would have it no other way."

Avalon moved about their chambers pulling on severus slytherin sweater and hat and scarf. Severus held out a thermus of tea with milk and honey just how she liked it.

Severus stared back at her a moment longer admiring her.

"Do I look alright?" Avalon questioned pulling her on tighter.

"You look perfect as always." Severus agreed hugging her. "You wouldnt have look twice at me if you were at hogwarts." He realized.

"Nonsense. I would have had my head in a book and you wouldnt have looked twice at me." Avalon assured kissing him.

"Maybe we would have found each other." Severus agreed. "Come on," he pulled up her hood and grabbed her hand. "You are going to love this."

Avalon did not want to sit through a Quidditch game in the pouring rain when thunder and lightning were booming all around them but the kids were so excited it was Gryffindor against Hufflepuff the children were cheering excitedly when one of the children came flying out of the sky the broom being electrocuted burning to the ground another student came tumbling another Hufflepuff as he tried to reach for the snitch he got electrocuted.

Avalon gasped in horror but severus assured her this kind of thing happened the children would be fine.

"Electrocuted. Sevy thats..." avalon shook her head.

"They will be fine, we have been playing quidditch in the rain since the beginning of Hogwarts," Severus assured.

"And what does harry do again?" Avalon questioned.

"What is your infatuation with that boy?" Severus questioned softly. Avalon stared up at him waiting for an answered. "He is in charge of catching the snitch but he is way too far out of sight you are not going to see him, my dear. Now why are you so-"

"He's sweet." Avalon answered. "HAs a good head on his shoulders."

"Does he?" Severus questioned.

"I think so. He's had a rough life yet he is thriving here, he does great in care of magical creatures, I grade his tests." Avalon added. "Are those... the demons supposed to be-" Severus followed her gaze.

"The Dementors... they are not supposed to be this close." Severus agreed. Suddenly Harry was falling out of the sky.

"I knew this was a bad idea." Avalon murmured.

"He's going to be fine." Severus assured.

"I want to check on him." Avalon decided.

''He looks a bit peaky.'

''Peaky?' what do you expect! He feel from over 100 feet.''

Avalon cringed as she heard the children discussing Harry. 100 feet drop, that should have killed him right? But he was going to be fine... right?

''come on Ron let's throw you off the astronomy tower and see what its like.' Ron's brothers George and Fred teased him

'Probably slightly better than he normally does.' harry said finally opening his eyes.

'How are you feeling?' Hermione questioned. Severus pulled avalon back.

"His friends are with him." Severus remarked. "He's up and he's fine."

'Oh brilliant.' harry teased.

'You gave us a right good scare there mate.' George said sitting beside him

'What happened?' Harry questioned

'You fell off your broom.' Ron told him

'I meant the match who won?''

"He's adorable." Avalon whispered. Severus rolled his eyes. "He is, he is worried about the match."

'No one blames you, the dementors are not supposed to come inside the ground.  Dumbledore is furious.' Hermione told him 'he sent them away immediately.'

'There is something you should know also Harry.' Ron said 'when you fell your broom it's sort of blew into the whomping willow.' he held his broken broom in his hand.

"What position would you play?" Avalon questioned.

"I never played." Severus corrected as he walked them back.

"I know but you love watching the game. If you played what position would you want?"

"I honestly dont know." Severus admitted. "I never thought myself cordinated enough to play. I tried out my second year." He admitted as he pushed open their door.

"You did?"

"They rejected me." Severus assured.

"Oh honey, so you gave up?"

"No I tired out again for two years before giving up. I wasnt ever going to play Quidditch."

"Oh honey, those jerks." Avalon decided. Severus chuckled. "What position?"

"I tried out for anything they had open." Severus remarked. "Seeker, chaser, beater, it didnt matter I just wanted to be apart of something back then."

"Maybe there is a league you could join?"

"A league?"

"A quidditch for adults league." Avalon offered. "Something for fun, something for everyone. I would come to all your games and cheer the loudest."