The announcement

I was so happy today, everything was just going so well.

I haven't been feeling very well as of late. It was strange since I rarely ever get sick. Thanks to Julieta, I've only been sick twice since she's gotten her gift.

The first time when I was nine, I had that fever.

The only other time was that random flu that swept through the Encanto.

I wasn't having any other illness symptoms, so I thought my sickness might be something else.

I had noticed a few things that led me to my conclusion.

Some of my essential oils that I normally love the scents, have made me feel sick. I've written down what scents cause the problems so I know to tell the shop owners to make those items themselves.

The smell of Coffee bothers me now too. I can't even handle opening the bag of coffee beans. I threw up just yesterday when I went for my morning drink.

I had noticed something strange, though. Something that tells me that I know what is happening.

I went to the doctor to get checked. She ran some tests and they confirmed the pregnancy. She asked me many questions while taking my weight and temperature.

I was six weeks pregnant, and healthy, but Dr. Ramirez told me to be careful . I told her I only planned to make my bath supplies, minus the bath bombs for the next month until I tell my family of my pregnancy. I gave her the list of ingredients I planned to use. I told her of my decision on stopping the bath bomb and candle making.

She approved of the ingredient list and my decisions.

After the appointment, I went back to my workshop to finish up the orders I had to deliver.

After I had packaged them up, I looked over my other orders, deciding what I could safely make this next month, and what would have to be put on hold.

I had already finished making the essential oils I needed for the next batch of bath supplies. So I decided on what would be safe for me to make and what I couldn't make for the next month.

I decided it would be okay for me to make shampoo, body wash and lotions for the last month that I will be working. However, I put up the bath bomb kits and candle making kits. I won't be touching them for a long time.

Luckily the bath bombs and candles weren't getting low at the shops, so I didn't have to work on them.

I also put away the oils that made me feel ill, I don't want to be dealing with that when working.

If I needed to restock those scents at the shops, I knew Bruno could help me. I've taught him how to make everything I make in case I need help. He also knows his way around my workshop if he is working while I am getting more supplies.

I was still in a really good mood when I got home. Luckily nobody was home yet, so I was able to make it up to Bruno's tower without running into anyone.

I had wanted to wait a little bit before I announced the pregnancy. I had another appointment in a month. I wanted to make sure everything was healthy before I made the announcement.

I began imagining what our future child would be like. I could see Bruno holding our child, telling them stories and playing games with them. I imagine him standing over their cribs when we lay them down for a nap. He would have a look of wonder and love on his face.

Before I knew it I had turned the radio on and just began dancing around the tower.

When I finally stopped, a few songs later I realized I wasn't alone.

I turned to face my husband who had been staring at me with a lovestruck expression. I blushed in embarrassment at being caught.

He pulled me close and gave me a tender kiss.

"What a beautiful sight to return home to. My gorgeous wife dancing in our room. What's the occasion?" He whispered.

"No occasion, just in a good mood today." I replied.

"Well, may I have a dance then?" He asked and I grinned.

A celebratory dance, even if my husband doesn't know we have something to celebrate.

We danced across the room, holding each other close. I laid my head on his shoulder as we glided across the floor.

You wouldn't know this by the way my husband stumbles around, but he is a really good dancer. It surprises people who only ever see him when he is exhausted by his visions.

I smiled at my husband as we finished the dance. We sat on the bed and talked about our days.

He told me of the house calls he had to make, and I told him about my orders. I didn't say a word about my doctor's appointment.

I don't want to jinx anything.

(Time skip)

I don't know how I did it, but I kept my silence on the pregnancy. It was difficult, but it will be worth it to see the look on Bruno's face.

I had the appointment and everything looks good.

I spent the last few days planning on how to make the announcement to Bruno and the rest of my family.

I decided to go simple, because I know my wonderful husband.

I bought an olive green onesie with the words "Hi daddy! Mommy told me you were awesome and that you will be an amazing dad. Can't wait to meet you!"

I paired it with a rattle with a little rat on it.

I put the purchases in a box and wrapped it up with a nice green bow.

The day of my announcement I told the rest of the family that I had a gift I wanted to give Bruno after dinner and that I'd like everyone to be there.

So just before dinner that night, I had Julieta hide the present in a cupboard. After we had finished eating, I told my husband that I had something for him. I asked him to stay seated while I grabbed the box.

On top of the box was an envelope. The paper inside simply said: Six more months.

Bruno read the note in confusion, turning to face me. I simply smiled and gestured to the present.

His jaw dropped and there were tears in his eyes as he looked at the items inside.

"A- are you serious?" He asked, his voice shaky. I nodded, and the rest of his family made noises of impatience. He gave everyone a wide grin as he pulled the onesie out of the box, showing everyone the message.

The family surrounded us with shouts of Felicidades!

Bruno pulled me close, and I could feel him trembling with emotion. He lifted my head gently for a loving kiss.

When we pulled apart, we received hugs from the rest of the family.

The next day I took my deliveries to the shops and told them that I was not going to be working for a while.

Once I told them, the shop owners that sold my wares were very understanding. They agreed to take on some temp workers to tend the shop while they make the products I will be unable to.

It didn't take long for the rest of the villagers to learn of my pregnancy. People were talking about Bruno becoming a father.

When we found out we were expecting twins, Alma announced it to the whole village. We were getting a party just like his sisters did.

The entire village showed up.

Most of the villagers came up to us, congratulating us, and giving us gifts.

Bruno still finds it amazing most people was more accepting of him now that his fortunes don't seem quite as bad.

Dealing with his gift has become easier since I began helping him decide how to use his gift. Though he still feels like he's a harbinger of doom.

The few people who still did not like him, were grateful that he'd be too busy to use his gift.

This was also when Alma finally learned the full details of how difficult visions were for Bruno. She had only known that too many visions caused him problems. And some people didn't like what he told them. She had no idea just how much trouble he has always had.

After the party, she pulled Bruno to the side to talk about how his visions were affecting him.

Before that, he only ever told me about the pain in his eyes and the headaches he would get from his visions.

Bruno felt bad for not telling her about his problems before, but he didn't want to upset her. The pair had a long talk after the party had been over.

Bruno returned to our room, emotionally exhausted but feeling lighter than he has in years.

Two weeks later we finally noticed the baby bump. Mine was a little larger than Julieta and Pepa had at this stage. Alma said it was because we were having twins.

This was when it fully sank into Bruno's mind that we were really going to be parents.

By week 18 my husband was having to treat me to nightly back and foot massages. I always feel bad he does this for me when I'm too sore to return the favor.

When I told him, he simply turned me around so that I was facing him.

"Mi amor, you're already giving me the greatest gift I could ever ask for. You're pregnant with our children. Taking care of you is the least I can do. I love you Y/n." He said with a smile.

"I love you too Bruno."

Just like how I surprised my husband and our family with the pregnancy outfit, he wanted to surprise me with the gender. All I knew was we were having twins.

Bruno had Doctor Ramirez write the gender for each baby on a piece of paper and stick it in an envelope. She gave the envelope to him, and without looking, he put it inside his ruana.

Bruno kissed me and told me I will find out in a couple of days.

My husband did the gender reveal the same way I made the announcement.

After dinner a few days later, Bruno announced that he was giving me a gift that will reveal the gender of our children.

Everyone sat down as Casita brought a box into the kitchen. It was slightly larger than the box I had the baby stuff I used for Bruno.

He picked the box up from the floor, and thanked the house. Turning me to face him, he sat the box in my lap. With an excited smile he nodded at the box.

I opened it and gasped when I saw the contents.

"Oh Bruno!" I cried, wrapping him in my arms.

"Don't keep us waiting you two! What are you having?!" Pepa exclaimed, impatient as always.

I grinned as I pulled out the contents to show everyone.

The first thing I pulled out was a green dress, then the grey bow and booties that went with it.

There were exclamations of joy when our daughter was announced.

Then I pulled out a grey boys outfit with a green ruana that was the same shade as the dress.

"Congratulations!" Pepa exclaimed once again, a bright rainbow over her head.

"A son and a daughter! Congratulations you two!" Felix grinned.

"What wonderful news mijo!"

"I can't wait to meet mi sobrino y sobrina." Julieta smiled.

"Felicidades!" Agustin smiled.

Bruno and I held each other close, thanking our family and excited about meeting our children.

I went to bed the night, dreaming of my husband and our children.