Birthday

(Bruno's pov)

Today was an important day to me. It's my beloved Y/n's 19th birthday.

I had been making plans for a few months.

I had asked my sisters and their boyfriends for a little bit of help.

I had Julieta help me make some arepas and a couple of (favorite flavor) cupcakes with (favorite flavor) icing.

I had asked Felix and Agustin to help set things up later on.

I spent the evening yesterday preparing the grotto for her birthday. Since it was so well hidden, I even felt comfortable leaving her birthday present there.

I told both of our families about my plans, so no one would worry about us. Mama was surprised about some of the ideas, so I reminded her that we would be in the Encanto, so we would be safe. That would have to be enough to appease her.

I didn't want anyone to know about the grotto.

The grotto is a special place to us; it feels wrong to tell anyone about it.

Fortunately, her parents were easier to talk to. Y/n's parents didn't mind my plans. They said they trusted me with her safety. Her Mama even helped out with part of the surprise, an overnight bag that she handed to me after I told her what I had planned.

B/n's teased me for a few minutes, doing what brothers do. He wanted to make sure I didn't plan to do anything with her that she wasn't ready for.

"I'm not even ready for THAT!" Had been my answer to that line of threats.

"Good. I know you wouldn't hurt her Bruno. I've seen the way you two look at each other." He snickered.

I couldn't escape her house quick enough after that.

I took a deep breath, checking the mirror to make sure I looked presentable.

I called out to Mama and left Casita, making my way to the flower shop.

(Y/N's pov)

I knew Bruno was coming over to spend the day with me. Even before we began dating, we enjoyed spending time together or each others' birthdays.

I had no idea what mi novio had planned, but I was excited. My parents had been grinning at me randomly for the past week.

My younger brother has been teasing me relentlessly about knowing what Bruno has planned.

I looked myself over in the mirror. I was wearing a mint green dress, and I wore beige shoes. I also had my hair held out of my face by a beige headband.

I turned with a smile when I saw Bruno walking down the road from my bedroom window.

I rushed downstairs so that I could be the one to open the door when he gets here.

I only hesitated at the mirror for a moment when I heard Bruno's light knock.

I smiled as I opened the door, to see Bruno holding a bouquet of roses.

"Happy Birthday Y/N." Bruno smiled gently. "These are for you."

I accepted the flowers and gave him a quick kiss. I let him in, where my parents happily greeted the youngest triplet while I got a vase to put the roses in.

Mama offered to take the roses to my bedroom. She said we had places to go.

"She's right mi amor. Shall we?" Bruno asked, an excited glint in his eyes. I smiled back as I took his hand.

Spending time with mi novio is always fun, but he genuinely likes planning the most wondrous things for special occasions, like my birthday.

We talked as he led me through the village, until we reached the theater.

I looked up and grinned as I saw what the play was.

It was a telenovela we had recently discovered while at my house. They were running the first three seasons that day in preparation for the first episode of season four that night.

We spent the next two weeks in heavy debate on which character was the best and went on to discussing what our favorite moments of the show were so far.

We also made sure to watch each new episode and then discuss our thoughts on it.

Just a few months after season four began, they announced a play, set for the time skip between seasons three and four.

"I heard from Julieta that it was the opening day and thought this would be a great way to start the day." He blushed as he explained. "She found out because of an injury that happened during the dress rehearsal. One of the actors fractured his leg. The director thought the show would have to be cancelled. Some of the back stage help were volunteers from here, and they told the director about Julieta's gift. The director was so thankful he gave her two free passes to opening day. She told him that we loved the show, so here we are."

"I definitely wanted to see the play, but I didn't think they'd bring it to the Encanto. Thank you Bruno!" I smiled back, as we entered the theater.

Nearly three hours later, we left the theaters grinning like fools, and gesturing wildly as we discussed the magnificent show we had seen.

It was early evening by the time the play was over, so Bruno gently escorted me through the village once again. This time we walked past Casita, in the direction of our grotto. Before we reached the hidden path, Bruno changed directions slightly, up another path.

We ended up on a hilltop overlooking the Encanto. A blanket, picnic basket, and a box of chocolates awaited us.

I turned to my boyfriend, and he smiled sheepishly.

"I thought we could have a picnic after the play. Mi familia set it up for us."

The meal was delicious, and we spent an hour just talking and staring at the beauty that was our village. We shared the box of chocolates as we talked, and I cuddled into my boyfriend.

I was  delighted to spend the day with my hermoso boyfriend, and told him so. He grinned at me, love shining in his eyes.

"The day isn't over yet, and you haven't even received your present yet."

"Bruno, today has been a gift for me. Every moment, no every day I am with you is a gift. I really don't need more than that."

"Indulge me, mi amor. You'll love it, lo prometo." He murmured, as he held out his hand to help me up.

This time he led me into our grotto, and I gave him a questioning glance when I saw the tent.

"I thought we could spend the night here, your Mama even packed an overnight bag for you." He explained.

We ended up spending the next hour just splashing each other in the pond, just like we did in his oasis as kids.

Afterwards, we sat on the beach towels at the edge of the pond.

He handed me my gift, and I gave him a tender kiss when I uncovered the dozen heart shaped bath bombs he made me. I sighed contentedly as the soft strawberry scent wafted up to me.

"I know you stress yourself out sometimes when you would do what you could do to help your family and us. So, I thought you could use some bath bombs to take a relaxing bath. I know you like strawberry scented stuff, so..." He mumbled, blushing lightly.

"This is such a wonderful, thoughtful gift mi vida. Thank you, I love it." I told him, giving him a hug.

"I love you Y/N."

"Te amo mucho Bruno." I replied.

We took turns changing into our sleepwear in the tent and cuddled up to each other.

The last thought I had on my birthday was how I was so fortunate to have an remarkable boyfriend like Bruno.

Very lucky indeed.