Creating an Encanto imagine

This story begins when the reader and triplets are babies, up until they are at least 5. This is just how I think things were like in the beginning. As such, this story is from the reader's mothers perspective.

(Mom's pov)

I was so excited when I found out that Alma and Pedro were eagerly expecting at nearly the same time I was. Our children will be growing up together, just like we did.

I gave birth to a beautiful girl. We named her Y/N. She was an adorable child, and I hoped she would get along with Almas' triplets.

The day my dearest friend delivered her precious babies had been challenging day. She began having contractions early evening the day before and gave birth to her first baby, Julieta just after midnight. Pepa was next, born at about 12:40 am, and Bruno was born at 1:04.

Alma and Pedro fed the newborns and placed them in their cribs. My husband and I decided to stay the rest of the night, to assist the new parents adjust.

I had just laid Y/N in Julieta's crib when we heard screams coming from outside. My husband looked out the window, to witness some men chasing people out of their homes and burning them down.

Alma and I secured the children in our arms before rushing outside with our husbands.

The Madrigal couple gave one last sad look at their home before we left.

We were soon met up with several other families escaping the attack. We walked for as long as we could before we made our way up a steep hill.

We carefully followed the well-worn path for countless hours, long passing the point of exhaustion.

There were many people with vulnerable children. We could not rest. We had to do everything we could to escape for our little ones.

We were practically across a broad river when Pedro noticed the sound of hoof beats coming from behind us.

The men had followed us! Pedro kissed his family and asked my husband, and I to help his family and keep them safe.

We lost Pedro that day, and Alma was provided her miracle, though it did not feel like that to us.

The candle she had been holding to illuminate our path burned brightly, and several things happened simultaneously.

The first was that some powerful magic came out of the candle and blew the potential attackers far away from the river.

The second was that several mountains popped up, out of the ground. These mountains completely surrounded a massive forested area where the refugees had entered.

The final was the large Casita, that naturally became the Madrigal home.

My husband and the other men began to collect supplies to build homes for the refugees. The women stayed inside the Casita, alternating between childcare and collecting supplies to prepare food.

The families moved into their homes as each was carefully built, until we had our picturesque village established.

Things were challenging at first. Not only were we feeling the losses we had suffered, especially Alma's pain over losing her beloved husband.

The farmers were having a hard time getting crops to grow, due to insufficient rain.

The farms were closest to the river, which was the best source of flowing water for the fields. Rain was very rare because of the tall mountains and was we practically cut off from Colombia, so we couldn't set up viable trade routes to get things we needed like food and cloth for clothing. Everything had to be from within the Encanto.

However, though it may seem strange with all the hardships, I was content. I had a delightful little girl who was growing up, and being best friends with the Madrigal triplets.

Alma and I often alternated on who did the bedtime story for the four children once they became more active. Which was about the time they started crawling.

Y/N would usually crawl over towards Bruno, whom as usual was on his own, away from his sisters.

Come to think of it, Pepa and Julieta were the more active ones. They would do whatever they could to get into anything they could grasp.

Y/N and Bruno would just sit quietly or talk to each other in baby talk.

Alma and I never deterred the behavior either, glad that they were friends.

Things got a little easier, when the triplets turned five and received their gifts.

This puzzled us at first, since Alma informed me that they had woken up that morning to three brand new glowing doors.

Alma was anxious at first, until each of her kids informed her that they felt a pull to one of the doors. Alma felt a gentle pull from the candle, and when she approached it, she had some kind of vision.

She explained to me later that she had seen her children touch the candle and then touch a doorknob.

I was concerned that Y/N would feel left out, now that her friends all had supernatural gifts and she didn't.

By contrast, my brilliant daughter hugged each of her friends and commended them on their new powers.

She told me later, that the gifts were from their Papa, and she was happy for them.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, their papa died to protect them right? Then Señora Madrigal got the magic candle and her home. I think the candle is their Papa's love. 'Cuz he wanted to keep them safe and take care them. So the candle did. The gifts are like birthday gifts to them, that they had to wait for until they were ready."My five year old explained with her kid logic.

Kid logic that made sense, to be honest. I decided to talk to Alma in the morning.

(The next day)

Alma gave my daughter a tearful hug when I described to her the conversation. Y/N went on to inform Alma that the candle will burn forever, because Pedro would always love her and his family.

That was the day Alma choose to regard these powers as precious gifts to be used freely, as each child deems they should.

The triplets worked hard at first, often times pushing themselves more than young children should.

My dear daughter naturally took it upon herself to assist them to a healthier way of helping.

Pepa promptly began assisting the farmers with her weather. Julieta would help out with seriously injured people, and she would help Alma and I bake food to be given over to the village doctor to help the sick.

Bruno tried to utilize his gift, like his sisters, but he would push himself well past his limits. He'd try to do multiple visions everyday, because nearly everyone in town wanted their future read.

Y/N practically became Bruno's private secretary for a long while. It was adorable to see my five year old daughter acting so serious.

She would take the requests given to Bruno, decide which ones weren't really needed and prioritize the ones she felt were the best ones to do. Mostly ones about health and safety. She pretty much ignored the multiple women begging for visions of future husbands.

"You should marry a man because you love them for whom they are, not because Bruno saw it in a vision." She would declare every time, a marriage vision or a dating vision would come up.

She also made sure he only did a few visions a day and received frequent breaks between each one. She would even make sure he had drinks and snacks available to him after the longer visions.

Eventually, Bruno needed less help in prioritizing and refraining from doing too much. He merely required her help when the visions were really unpleasant for him.

Y/N happily gave him a shoulder to cry on, or a sympathetic ear.

This is how the Encanto first began to flourish. Our beloved children flourishing along with it.