Wedding

I listened to the chatter going on around me as Pepa braided my hair in order to pin it up.

Today, I was finally getting married. I had waited for this day ever since I was a little girl.

"Bruno's jaw will drop when he sees you hermana. You will be gorgeous!" Julieta smiled. She was working on her make up, after she finished helping me with mine.

"Hopefully he doesn't make any dumb jokes this time." Pepa grumbled, a gloomy cloud above her. "I'm glad you were there to calm me down Y/n!"

Bruno had noticed that she was sweating and made a joke to try to calm her. I guess he thought she'd find his weather related joke funny, but Pepa was too nervous to realize he was joking and not having a vision.

I had jumped in to calm her before her emotions caused a hurricane. I reminded her that Felix loved her more than anything and that he was eagerly waiting for her.

That was actually why Bruno came over to the room we were getting ready.

Felix sent him to see how we were doing. He apologized after the wedding, but it took her a while to not be upset any time she thought about it.

"He was making a joke Pepa! You know how your brother is. Normally you'd laugh at a weather joke. He didn't realize that you were too nervous for humor! It wouldn't have even crossed his mind!" I reminded her.

"I know that now. I feel bad for having been so angry with him." She sighed gently as she waved the cloud away.

"Bruno has already forgiven you though, hasn't he?" Julieta asked.

"Well...yes, but still."

"Holding grudges isn't in Bruno's nature. Besides he loves you Pepa." I smiled. She smiled slyly back.

"You know Y/N. Brunito loves you too. I don't need a vision to tell me that we'll be seeing little Y/N's and Bruno's in the future." Pepa chuckled, causing me to blush as my mind went into how we could have those children.

"Pepa! Leave Y/N alone!" Julieta scolded her sister. Pepa turned away with a shrug.

My hair was finished, so I donned my dress and put on my earrings.

"Mija. You look absolutely magnificent." Mama smiled as I took a look at myself in the mirror.

My wedding dress was a short sleeve dress with a ruffled skirt. I was wearing emerald green heels that was hidden by the full-length skirt.

My makeup was light, and my vision plate hourglass earrings glowed softly.

Julieta helped me put my hairpiece on, vision fragments making it glow softly just like my earrings.

I remembered the day I went to my future in-laws with the idea. I had been so nervous.

(Flashback)

I had gone to Casita on a day I knew Bruno would be out on house calls.

"Hey Pepa, Julieta? I wanted to run something past you and your mother."

"What's up Y/n?" Julieta asked.

"Just wanted to talk to you ladies about my wedding dress."

"I'll let Mama know."

Julieta and I met Pepa and Señora Alma in Pepa's bedroom. Alma sat in the chair at Pepa's desk. The sisters took over her bed. I settled myself on the floor.

I wanted to see how they thought Bruno would feel to see hourglass designs somewhere on me for the wedding.

I was thinking of wearing hourglass shaped jewelry, or having them incorporated in the dress. I knew that the sisters had displayed their own symbols on their wedding day, but not their husbands.

I also knew, thanks to Agustin, that Bruno would have hourglasses embroidered on his tie. All three female Madrigals thought it would be a nice surprise for my fiance.

After that, I dropped my main topic on them.

"I was thinking about possibly incorporating fragments of Bruno's visions in my dress or hair for the wedding." I began.

"Why?" Señora Alma asked.

"I know Bruno doesn't like his visions, because of how people tend to react to them. But, I love him, more than anything. He tends to think that his visions will eventual lead to me leaving him. I was hoping to use some fragments of his visions somewhere on my attire to prove that I love him. That nothing will ever cause me to leave him. I also thought it might show him how beautiful his gift can be. By making his visions look beautiful, on one of the most important days of our lives." I explained, looking down while I picked lightly at my skirt.

I looked up when I didn't hear anything from the Madrigal ladies.

All three of them had tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces.

"I think it's a wonderful idea! A lovely surprise for my Brunito!" Alma smiled.

"What if you used the fragments in the headpiece and earrings?" Julieta asked. I grinned at her suggestion.

"I can help you design them!" Pepa stated in excitement, a rainbow over her head.

(End Flashback)

I was brought out of my thoughts as Alma hooked the veil onto the hairpiece.

Papa entered and smiled, telling me that I made a gorgeous bride.

"It's time Y/n. Let's go and get you married." He informed us, as he presented his arm to me. I nodded with a smile, and we followed the others out.

Mama and Alma went in first and sat down. Pepa and Julieta went in next, and then the song changed.

It was time.

I smiled as I locked eyes with Bruno. I saw him freeze when he saw me. I could see his eyes widen and a very light blush graced his cheeks. He must've noticed the familiar glow.

I could see the subtle hand on his shoulder, Felix was helping him relax.

My father placed my hands in his, and Bruno smiled brightly.

The preacher got right into the service, and everything blurred as the reality of the situation struck me.

I'm getting married to Bruno Madrigal!

I barely noticed going over my vows, luckily I knew them by heart.

I came back to reality when it was time to exchange the rings.

I smiled as Bruno put the ring on my finger, his eyes bright with love and joy.

My eyes matched his as I repeated the action. Then came the best part.

"You may now kiss the bride!"

Bruno placed his warm hands on my cheeks and leaned forward, gazing adoringly at me.

It was a brief kiss, but no less emotionally charged.

"I wasn't able to say anything until now, but you are absolutely breathtaking Bruno. So perfect." I whispered as we pulled away.

"You are stunning mi amor. I can't believe you are mine." He replied.

"Just as you are mine, mi vida." I smiled, and he smiled shyly back. He took a closer look at my earrings and hairpiece, and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Are those...vision fragments?"

"They are." I answered and explained my reasoning for wearing them. He grinned wider, as he took a quiet shuddering breath.

"You are truly amazing Y/N. Te amo."

"I love you too Bruno, forever and always."