Anniversary

First year you've been dating. Reader and triplets are 19.

I smiled as I got prepared for the day, excited to be spending the day with my boyfriend Bruno.

Today marked the first whole year as an official couple.

I thought back at this time last year.

I had been best friends with the triplets all my life, but I had always had a particular fondness for the only boy in the trio.

I had noticed how Bruno became more stressed out and upset with the way people were treating him.

I gifted him with several drawings to show him how I see and him. I used these drawings to confess my love for him.

A week later, I had been over at Casita, like I usually was. Bruno had been having a rough few days, and I just wanted to take his mind off of things for a while.

I embraced him as he cried into my shoulder, releasing all the pent up emotions he didn't want to reveal to his family. He fell asleep in my arms that day, the first bit of proper rest he had gotten in a while.

He woke up a few hours later, and we worked on some story concepts until it was time for me to leave. He saw me out, pulling me in for a grateful hug.

"Thank you for being there for me today Y/N." He whispered.

"I'll always be here for you, Bruno. I love you." I whispered back. He looked astounded, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"D-do you really mean that?" He had asked

"I-I love you too." He replied shyly.

I leaned in to press my lips to his cheek in a gentle kiss.

He froze in shock for a minute, before kissed my cheek.

Back to the present, I looked myself over. I was wearing a sage green dress, with brown sandals. I went light with makeup, just using a bit of brown eye shadow to go with Bruno's earth tone color scheme.

I had my hair down, pulled away from my face with a sage green headband. I had stitched Bruno's hourglass pattern in dark thread on the headband.

I grabbed my present for Bruno as I left my room, calling out to mi familia that I was leaving.

"Have fun Sweetheart!" I heard from Mama as I closed the door.

(Bruno's pov)

I smiled as I put the final touches on my gift for my magnificent girlfriend.

I was nervous. I had worked hard on the gift I prepared for her.

I was gifting her with a handwritten story called The Seer and the Lovely Princess. I had gotten the idea for it even before we began dating. I was initially writing the story as a way to express my love for her. I never expected her to love me like that.

The story takes place in a mighty kingdom. Y/n is a beautiful princess whom falls in love with a lonely seer that had become an outcast because all he sees are dark futures.

Her friendship had banished the darkness from his life and taught him how to smile and laugh. Her love had transformed the lonely seer from the mess he was when they met and into the prince she deserves. The story comes complete with drawings of some of the moments in the story.

One drawing was at the beginning and was a portrait of Y/n as the princess. The second drawing was of the princess meeting the seer, darkness surrounding him and the sun on her side. The drawings continued, with the darkness lifting little by little on my side. The final drawing had of me as a prince smiling and dancing with Princess Y/n.

I left the gift on my bed as I made my way to my bathroom to ready for my girlfriend.

We had agreed to just stay in today, spend the day together in my room, rather than go out.

I wore a new shirt and pair of pants I bought during a rare trip to the seamstress. Y/n made me the new ruana I chose for the day.

I looked over at the clock and knew that she would be here soon, so I left my rooms in order to greet her.

I was in the kitchen, getting us a couple of bottles of water when I heard Casita open its door.

Mama greeted Y/n like a mother would when faced with a child coming home after a long time away.

"Buenas Dia Senora Alma. How are you today?" I overheard my girlfriend greet Mama.

"Buenas Dia Y/n. I am well thank you. I believe I saw Brunito in the kitchen."

"Gracias Senora! Have a lovely day!"

"You too dear."

I heard her make her way towards the kitchen, so I stepped out, sitting the water bottles down to greet her. Casita moved the bottles towards my room for us. A quick pat to the door frame was my way of thanking the house.

"Happy anniversary mi vida!" I greeted her as I grasped her hand, placing a gentle kiss to it. I smiled at the blush on her face.

"Happy anniversary mi amor." She smiled serenely. I gave a curious glance to the gift in her hand.

She clicked her tongue at me, and I flashed her an unabashed grin.

She turned away from me, swaying her head with a light chuckle. I took her unoccupied hand in mine as we made our way to my room.

She opened the my door as I bent down to collect the water bottles that were currently sitting in front of my door.

We made it over to my bedroom and sat on my bed as we exchanged gifts.

I watched in trepidation as she opened the box. She opened the hardcover notebook I had written the story in and opened the cover.

Y/n smiled at the title of the story and began to read the first page, a smile on her face.

She closed the book gently and turned to me. She was a bit teary eyes, but had a bright grin on her face.

"You wrote me a story mi amor?" I merely nodded, unsure of what to say. She leaned in close and kissed me. "I'm looking forward to reading it. I know it will be amazing. But for now, you need to open your gift." She smiled, and I returned the smile.

I turned to the box in my hand and opened it, wondering what gift this wonderful girl would give me. I know that it will be just as thoughtful as everything she has done for me over the years.

Y/n gave me a photo album, filled with pictures taken during the past year of us dating, as well as childhood memories.

She must have asked our families to take pictures whenever they had the chance. They had taken a lot of pictures when we hadn't even noticed them.

There was a picture of the two of us sharing our first dance. It was back when we were still friends. In the picture, I could see the love and adoration we felt for each other.

There was a picture of the two of us falling asleep together on the couch, a few weeks after we became official. I remembered this day.

I had gone to Y/n's house to talk to her about some telenovela ideas I had. She offered to help me flesh out the ideas, and ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. Apparently she had been up most of the night before.

I had smiled and pulled her closer to me, and fell asleep too.

There were other pictures of us from all over the Encanto. Y/n really went all out on this gift.

I pulled her close and whispered my gratitude before kissing her. I poured all of my love, adoration and happiness into that kiss. I could feel her practically melt into me as she kissed me back with just as much emotion.

We held each other, looking over the photo album together for the rest of the day.

When it was time for her to leave, I walked her home.

Upon my arrival back to Casita, I ran into Pepa, a smirk on her face.

"What did you think of the photo album Brunito?" She asked.

"All I'm going to say Pepi, is that I'm going to marry that girl someday."

"Good. Y/n is perfect for you." She smiled.

I smiled to myself as I closed my bedroom door.

She truly is, and I know I'm a lucky guy to have her as my girlfriend.