36

RAPIST ALPHA!

                                                                                          HEAD ALPHA DISGRACED!

                                 COURT CASE CRISIS!

I sighed as I scrolled through the online news portal and saw article after article about Rick and the court case. 

'Rick Franks, Head Alpha, was denounced and with evidence of the rape of Trisha Mayson (nee David)....'

'Disgraced Head Alpha, Rick Franks, was seen today at his pack lands, and sources say he has been angry about the court decision since it was announced....'

'Elena Mayson, daughter of Trisha and Hope Mayson, will remain in her mother, Hope's, custody and care despite a lengthy court battle with Elena's biological father, Rick Franks, our Head Alpha....' 

The website was filled with gossip and 'sources'. It made me sick to read some people's comments, especially about Trisha's rape. Some people did not want to believe it:

                          'It was a ploy used to discredit our amazing Head Alpha,'

                          'I knew Trisha David, and she threw herself at him,'

                          'She probably cried rape after he rejected her!' 

                          'I bet she wanted it.' 

                          'I can see why he rejected her,' 

Some believed that Elena belonged with her 'father':

                          'The girl is the next Head Alpha; she belongs with her father,'

                         'He just wanted visitation! They could have given him the chance to be her father,' 

                          'She needs her biological father in her life. He is the only living biological parent she has,' 

                          'Women shouldn't be allowed to keep fathers out of their children's lives!' 

                           'Hope Mayson isn't biologically related to this girl! Give her back to her biological parent!' 

Some believed that I was the villain who had brainwashed Trisha and was now ruining Rick's chance at being a father. They had also gotten wind of Rick and Cassidy's mate bond breaking, and some blamed me for that because I would not step aside to let them play happy family with Elena, despite Cassidy stating in the news why she left. 

Some were reading the truth and thought Rick was no longer fit to be Head Alpha. Some even started to question why the Head Alpha title was passed down rather than voted on like their ancestors had told them that it used to be. Some thought that I was the epitome of what a mother should be and that I had done wonderfully by Elena. 

I sighed as I switched off the tablet and put it aside. I couldn't look at the news anymore; it was messing with my head too much. I kept having to bite my tongue every time I read a comment from an ignorant person when all I wanted to do was argue back. 

"Looking at the news again?" Jack sighed at me as he came into the living room. He sat down next to me and placed a comforting hand on my barely noticeable bump. It had started to round a little at the bottom. I was now six weeks pregnant. 

Navigating the intricate journey of pregnancy as a werewolf brought its own set of unique experiences. After consulting with the doctor during a recent visit, we were reassured that all was safe and well. Werewolf pregnancies, being slightly shorter than human ones, meant I would give birth around 32 weeks, equivalent to the 40-week mark. Full-term in a werewolf pregnancy was considered from 30 weeks.

Our doctor conducted an ultrasound scan last weekend, revealing the presence of just one healthy baby— a relief for both of us. The rhythmic sound of the baby's heartbeat resonated, providing a soothing melody of assurance. Scheduled for another appointment at ten weeks, I would then transition to the care of a midwife.

Thrilled with the prospect of becoming a father again, Jack planned a pack meeting for when I reached 12 weeks—a significant milestone in the pregnancy. The joy he derived from witnessing the growth of my bump mirrored the excitement and anticipation that permeated our pack.

Experiencing pregnancy from the perspective of the pregnant person provided insights into the challenges and nuances that Trisha had navigated. Moments of unexpected tears, queasiness triggered by specific smells, and mood swings that left me with mental whiplash—each day brought new revelations. And, on a lighter note, the mere thought of tuna had become a surefire way to induce an unwelcome about of nausea.

"Yeah, it's still all over the news," I sighed. 

"It will be for a while. He is the Head Alpha, and you did defeat him," 

"You make it sound like we went to battle," I chuckled.

"You did, just without bloodshed or weaponry," 

"I worry about the fallout after breaking his ego," Jack went silent momentarily and deliberated on my statement, thinking about possible retaliations. We both knew that he would not just accept the court's decision as his ego and narcissism would not accept that he lost and that he was wrong in his belief that Elena belonged with him. He had risked almost everything to get Elena and had failed. Now, he had no Elena, Cassidy, or children, and the belief in him was diminishing. He had raped and rejected his fated mate for Cassidy because he did not want the 'weak orphan' as his Luna, but to me, she was the most muscular woman I had ever known. 

"All we can do is prepare," he eventually replied. "On that note, how are the magical preparations coming along?"

"Well, I've completed one-half of the magical preparations," I admitted. "My pregnancy has been hindering my abilities a little," To show this, I attempted to call a simple book to me, and it hovered a little before falling back down. "See?" 

"I'm sure the little one doesn't mean to," Jack said as he rubbed my stomach. "Perhaps once you reach the second trimester, you'll be better," 

"I hope so, I need to finish this,"