11

Hope's POV

I arrived home after a challenging day at work, greeted by the comforting aroma of a home-cooked meal. The atmosphere inside was warm and inviting, creating a sense of ease after a long and demanding day. It was a welcome sight to find Elena content and happy on the sofa.

As I opened the front door, she eagerly ran towards me, wrapping her little arms around my legs. I tenderly stroked her head and bent down to place a gentle kiss on the top of her head. Jack emerged from the kitchen, setting a couple of plates on the dining table.

"Evening, baby," he greeted me with a light kiss on the lips, offering a warm smile. "Come on, dinner is ready," he continued, leading me to the dining table. Though something felt a bit off about him, I chose not to use my empathic abilities at that moment.

"Okay, out with it," I said to Jack as he closed Elena's bedroom door.

"What?" He asked,

"Jack, I'm an empath and your true mate; I know when something is wrong, so out with it," He sighed at what I was saying and came over to me. He took my hand in his and took me into my bedroom. "What are you doing?"

"Okay, the truth is, the Head Alpha knows that I have a true mate," I just stared at him as my heart rate quickened. "You know our highest laws, I have to present you to him by the first full moon after we meet, but I didn't, and so he is coming to the Tulsa Pack in two weeks and has ordered that you should meet him,"

"I can't,"

"Hope, you have to, or he will punish my pack and me,"

"I. CAN'T. MEET. HIM," I ground out between my teeth.

"Why not?" Jack employed me.

"Because...." I started breathing in deep, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Because Alpha Rick is Elena's sperm donor,"

Jack gazed at me for a moment, absorbing the weight of my words. His reaction resembled that of a motionless fish, opening and closing his mouth without words. Eventually, he settled onto the end of my bed, a myriad of thoughts, emotions, and predominantly anger flashing through his eyes. His fist tightened on his leg, and the audible sound of his teeth grinding revealed the intensity of his internal turmoil.

"He's who...."

"Raped Trisha, yes,"

"He's who you've been hiding from all this time," Jack stated. "No wonder you went packless. It's not easy to hide from the Head Alpha,"

"No,"

"We need to think of something because if he doesn't meet you, then I am in trouble,"

"And if he does meet me, then Elena could be in trouble,"

"Not if we hide her away, say that she is on holiday with my mother,"

"Where does your mother live?"

"Hot Springs, Arkansas,"

"So 4 to 5 hours away, give or take," I sighed as I sat beside him. "They would have to meet each other,"

"Of course, my mother can stay with us for a few days before they leave. Elena can go with my mother the afternoon before the full moon and be back the day after that SOB leaves,"

"I can't believe I have to come face to face with that sick monster," I groaned as I placed my head in my hands. Jack rubbed my back and tried to soothe me. "Mark me,"

"What?"

"I said, 'Mark Me', make me part of your pack," I said as I looked up and stared at my mate. He looked like a wet fish had slapped him. "Look, I am packless and can't be anymore, so make me part of your pack. I'm not saying claim me and mate with me; I'm saying mark me as one of your pack members," Jack just looked at me and then seemed to come back into his body.

"If you're sure,"

"I need to protect Elena and myself, so mark me," I said as I pulled the side of my scrub top down. Jack moved my hair away from my neck and leaned toward my channel. He kissed up and down the side of my neck, making me shiver and causing tingles to go through my body. He kissed my neck once, then raked his elongated teeth across my neck. My heart rate increased, and my breathing slowed to pants. Jack moved swiftly and plunged his teeth into my neck. His hand wrapped around the other side of my neck, pulling me into him as he clamped down on me. Pain lanced through me and was replaced by pleasure when Jack licked my mark for me. He then went into the bathroom and brought out the first aid kit, which he opened to get out a sticky bandage. He placed it on my neck after cleaning it with antiseptic wipes.

"How do you feel?" Jack asked me.

"Connected to you,"

"Good, it will help your power and keep you protected as much as possible,"

"I know; now, what do we do?"

"We will have to move to Tulsa,"

"Uproot Elena," I sighed in disappointment.

"She can go to the Pack school, and you'll live in the packhouse,"

"And my job?"

"I am sorry about that, but you could always be a nurse at the pack hospital part-time,"

"Fine," I sighed, "Let me just get everything sorted, and we'll move by the end of this week,"

"I'll help you pack; what will you tell Elena?"

"That due to daddy being a vital person back where you come from, we need to move in with daddy,"

"Think she'll be okay with it?"

"I hope so," I sighed.