꧁ .....END ? ...... ꧂

The next morning, Eve and Asher woke up feeling refreshed and energized after a good night's sleep. They got dressed and went to the kitchen, where John was already preparing breakfast.

"Good morning, you two," John said, his voice full of warmth and affection. "Did you sleep well?"

Eve and Asher nodded, feeling grateful for his care and attention. They sat down at the table and enjoyed a delicious breakfast together, chatting and laughing as they ate.

After breakfast, their mother helped them pack their bags and get ready for school. They walked out to the car, where John had already started the engine.

As they drove to school, Eve and Asher chatted excitedly about their plans for the day. John listened attentively, feeling grateful for the chance to be a part of their lives.

When they arrived at the high school, John parked the car and walked them to the entrance. He gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek, wishing them a good day at school.

"Have a great day, you two," he said, his voice full of encouragement. "I'll see you later."

Eve and Asher smiled back at him, feeling grateful for his love and support. They walked into the school, feeling excited and ready for whatever the day might bring.

Eve and Asher walked towards their classrooms, Eve suddenly spotted Dexter, she overcome with excitement, she ran towards him and gave him a big hug.

"Dexter! I missed you so much!" she exclaimed, her voice full of joy.

Dexter smiled back at her, feeling happy to see his friend. "I missed you too, Eve," he said, his voice full of warmth.

Asher watched the scene unfold, feeling amused by his sister's enthusiasm. He gave them a wave and said, "Uh..guys..I.. think..I'm going to class now. See ya later!"

Eve and Dexter laughed and waved back at him, feeling grateful for his understanding. They continued to chat and catch up, feeling happy to be reunited after being apart for so long.

"Hey you know what? I'm so grateful to you, because of you I know the true meaning of life," said Dexter to her

"And...when we were at the library, I will never forget hehe, but..." Dexter trailed off as he caught sight of a girl waving at him. A smile spread across his face as he walked towards her, his heart full of happiness. Without a second thought, he took the girl's hand and led her forward, his eyes never leaving hers.

"So...This is Lily, she is my girlfriend," Dexter said while his girlfriend waved at Eve.

"Wh..what..," Eve's heart sank as Dexter introduced Lily as his new girlfriend.

"I'm happy for you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I hope you'll be happy with her, and...from now on, I hate rain. I hate the memories of what we've done, of what we've lost. I hate the way it reminds me of you! About rain, that song, and your fucking library,"

?

"It doesn't matter if you read the book backwards, Because either way we will end up as strangers"