꧁༒☬.....23......☬༒꧂

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐

As the final bell rang, Dexter and Derek made their way out of the school building and into the cool afternoon air. They were about to head home when they saw Eve standing by the entrance, looking lost and alone.

Dexter's heart skipped a beat as he saw her. He knew that he needed to talk to her, to tell her how he felt and to try to make things right between them.

Without a word, he walked over to her and took her hand. "Come on," he said softly. "Let's go talk."

Eve looked up at him, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "What do you want to talk about?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Dexter took a deep breath, feeling his nerves starting to get the best of him. "I just want to talk," he said, his voice steady. "Can we go somewhere private?"

Eve nodded, and the three of them made their way to a nearby park. The air was crisp and cool, and the leaves on the trees were starting to change color. It was the perfect setting for a heart-to-heart conversation.

As they sat down on a bench, Dexter took Eve's hand in his.

Suddenly Eve cried then Eve took a deep breath, wiping away her tears. "There's something else I need to tell you," she said, her voice shaking slightly. "The day of the accident, my father came to my apartment in a fit of anger. Brixton happened to be there, and he saved me from my father's rage."

Dexter's eyes widened in surprise. "He saved you?" he asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

Eve nodded, her eyes filled with gratitude. "Yes," she said softly. "He protected me and made sure I was safe. I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't been there."

Dexter felt a sense of respect for Brixton, despite the situation they were in. "That was very brave of him," he said, his voice filled with admiration.

Eve nodded, a small smile appearing on her face. "Yes, it was," she said. "And that's why I feel so conflicted. Part of me is grateful to him for saving me, but another part of me doesn't want to be forced become his girlfriend, actually I don't want it.."

Dexter reached out and took her hand, feeling a sense of compassion and understanding. "I can only imagine how difficult this is for you," he said softly. "But I promise you, we'll find a way to help you. We'll find a way to make sure you're safe and happy."

Eve looked at him, her eyes filled with hope. "Thank you," she said softly. "Thank you for being here for me."

Dexter took a deep breath, feeling a sense of nervousness and vulnerability. "Eve, I want you to know that I care about you," he said softly. "And even though I know you don't feel the same way, I want to help you. As friends, we should be there for each other, no matter what."

Eve looked at him, her eyes filled with surprise and confusion. "Dexter, I don't know what to say," she said softly. "I appreciate your kindness, but I don't want to lead you on or give you false hope."

Dexter nodded, feeling a sense of disappointment but also understanding. "I know," he said softly. "And I don't expect anything in return. I just want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Eve smiled, feeling a sense of warmth and gratitude. "Thank you, Dexter," she said softly. "I'm lucky to have a friend like you."

Dexter smiled back, feeling a sense of joy and contentment. Even though his heart ached with unrequited love, he knew that he could still be there for Eve as a friend. And that was enough for him, at least for now.

└──────── °∘❉∘° ──────────┘