꧁༒☬.....14......☬༒꧂

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐

When the bell rang, Eve put her books in her bag and noticed that Clair was already packed up and ready to go. Eve waved goodbye to Clair as she hurried out of the classroom.

As Eve was leaving the classroom, she noticed Dexter leaning against the door. "Eve, can we talk for a minute?" he asked, looking serious.

Eve nodded, curious about what Dexter wanted to talk about then she approach him,"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you have free time now?" Dexter asked.

Eve thought for a moment. "I think so, why?"

Dexter smiled. "Let's go to my library. I have many of the latest books."

Eve's eyes widened with excitement. "Woah, really? I want to go!"

Dexter led Eve to his motorbike and they rode to the library together. As they walked inside, Eve was amazed by the vast collection of books. Dexter showed her around the different sections, pointing out his favorite books and the latest releases.

"Have you read this one?" Dexter asked, holding up a thick fantasy novel.

Eve shook her head. "No, I haven't. But it looks interesting."

Dexter grinned. "You should definitely check it out. It's one of my favorites."

As they continued to browse the shelves, they talked about their favorite authors and genres. They shared their reading experiences and discussed the themes and messages in different books. Eve was thrilled to have found someone who shared her love for reading.

"I've been looking for someone to talk to about books," Eve admitted. "None of my friends are really into reading."

Dexter nodded sympathetically. "I know how you feel. It's hard to find people who share your interests sometimes."

Dexter took a deep breath and began to speak. "Hey..you know what?I'm actually not from here. I'm an overseas child from the Netherlands."

Eve was surprised but didn't want to pry. "Oh, I see. How long have you been here?"

"I've been here for a few years now," Dexter replied. "But it's been tough. I miss my family a lot."

Eve nodded sympathetically. "That must be hard. Do you get to visit them often?"

Dexter shook his head. "Not really. It's expensive to fly back and forth, so I only get to see them once or twice a year."

Eve could sense the sadness in Dexter's voice and wanted to offer some comfort. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you have your books to keep you company."

Dexter smiled weakly. "Yeah, books have always been a way for me to escape and feel connected to something."

Eve listened attentively as Dexter told her more about his family and his life in the Netherlands. She could tell that he was a kind and thoughtful person who had been through a lot. After Dexter shared his story, Eve felt compelled to share hers as well. "You know, Dexter, I'm really grateful to have met Caden's family," she began. "They've been so kind to me and have really helped me through some tough times."

Dexter nodded, listening intently. "That's great to hear. What kind of tough times?"

Eve hesitated for a moment before continuing. "Well, my family has been going through some uh.. like struggles lately. It's been hard to make ends meet and I've had to take on a part-time job to help out."

Dexter looked sympathetic. "I'm sorry to hear that. That must be really tough."

Eve nodded. "Yeah, it's been a challenge. But Caden's family has been so supportive. They've offered to help me out with my education and have even given me a place to stay when things got really tough."