꧁༒☬.....13......☬༒꧂

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐

The next day, Eve went to the park to meet the guy who had helped her earlier. She felt nervous as she walked towards him, unsure of what to expect.

"Hi," she said, trying to sound casual.

"Hey," he replied, smiling. "I'm glad you could make it."

He handed her a bag of clothes. "Here are your clothes. I washed them for you."

Eve felt a sense of relief as she took the bag from him. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it."

They stood there in silence for a moment, unsure of what to say. Finally, the guy spoke up.

"I'm sorry if I scared you last night. I didn't mean to. I just wanted to make sure you got home safely."

Eve looked at him, surprised at his words. "Thank you for helping me. I was really scared, but you made me feel safe."

As they were about to part ways, Eve's stomach growled loudly, reminding her that she had skipped breakfast that morning. The guy noticed and asked, "Are you hungry? Would you like to grab something to eat?"

Eve hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do. She didn't want to impose on him, but she was also very hungry. She decided to accept his offer.

"Uhh...yeah..," she said, smiling.

The guy led her to a nearby food stall and they ordered some local street food. They sat down at a small table and began to eat.

As they ate, they chatted about their lives and interests. Eve found herself enjoying his company and feeling grateful for the unexpected meal.

After they finished eating, the guy walked Eve back to her apartment.

"By the way,my name is Dexter Wellington,you can call me Dex."

"It's nice to meet you, Dex," Eve said, smiling.

"It's nice to meet you too, Eve," Dex replied." Then Dexter said "Do you live alone in an apartment?" he asked.

Eve nodded. "Yeah, I do."

"Woah..You are very brave to live alone even though you are a girl." Dex said. "But how do you manage to afford it? The rent must be pretty high."

Eve sighed. "Hehe..Uhmm..It's tough. I'm still trying to find part-time work to help with the costs."

Dex thought for a moment before speaking up. "Actually, I have an idea. I run a small library nearby, and I'm looking for someone to help me out a few days a week. Would you be interested?"

Eve's eyes widened. "Really? That sounds amazing! Thank you so much, Dex."

Dex smiled. "Of course. It's not a lot, but it should help with the rent and give you some extra income."

As Eve expressed her gratitude, she suddenly felt overwhelmed with emotion and hugged Dex tightly. She wanted to thank him for his kindness and generosity.

Dex was taken aback for a moment, but he quickly regained his composure. He wanted to hug her back, but he held back his hands.

"You're welcome, Eve," he said softly. "I'm just glad I could help."

Eve pulled away and looked up at Dex. "Thank you again. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Dex smiled. "I think I have some idea. We all need a little help sometimes."

They said their goodbyes, and Eve walked away feeling grateful for the unexpected encounter and the new friend she had made. Dex watched her go, feeling a warmth in his heart that he hadn't felt in a long time.