꧁༒☬.....22......☬༒꧂

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐

In the morning, Dexter's heart was racing as he walked into school. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened at the library with Eve, and he was eager to see her again. As he made his way down the hallway, he suddenly spotted her walking towards him. His face lit up with excitement, but as she drew closer, he could see that something was wrong.

"Eve, hey!" he called out, but she didn't even look up. She just kept walking, her eyes fixed on the ground.

Dexter's heart sank. He had never seen Eve like this before. She was always so full of life and energy, but now she seemed distant and sad.

"Eve, wait!" he called out again, but she didn't slow down. He decided to follow her, determined to find out what was going on.

As he trailed behind her, he noticed that she was clutching a crumpled piece of paper in her hand. It looked like a letter, and he wondered if it was connected to her current mood.

"Eve, please talk to me," he said, his voice soft and gentle. "What's going on?"

She stopped walking and turned to face him, her eyes brimming with tears. "It's nothing," she whispered, but he could tell that she was lying.

Dexter stepped closer to her, his hand reaching out to touch her arm. "It's not nothing," he said. "I can see that something's bothering you. Please, let me help."

"Eve, what's going on?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I can't believe you, Dexter," she said, her voice shaking with anger. "I trusted you, and you just went and betrayed me like that."

Dexter was taken aback. "Betrayed you?" he repeated, his mind racing to try and figure out what she was talking about.

"Yes, betrayed me," Eve said, her eyes flashing with anger. "I can't even look at you right now."

Dexter felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. He had no idea what he had done to make Eve so upset, but he knew that he had to try and make things right.

"Eve, please, can you tell me what I did wrong?" he asked, his voice pleading.

But Eve just left him

꧁༒☬......................................☬༒꧂

Days turned into weeks, and Dexter tried everything he could think of to get Eve to talk to him. He sent her messages, left voicemails, and even tried to talk to her in person, but she refused to acknowledge him.

In the next day, Dexter felt his heart sink as he saw that Eve wasn't in her usual spot in the classroom. He had been hoping to catch her before class started and try to talk to her again, but it seemed like she was avoiding him.

As he was about to turn around and leave, he saw Brixton, one of Eve's classmates, intercepting her in the hallway. He couldn't hear what they were saying, but he could tell from their body language that it wasn't a friendly conversation.

He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should intervene, but then he saw Brixton grab Eve's arm roughly. Without thinking, Dexter rushed forward and shoved Brixton away from her.

"Hey, what the hell, man?" Brixton said, turning to face Dexter with a scowl.

Dexter stood his ground, his fists clenched at his sides. "Leave her alone, Brixton," he said, his voice low and menacing. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

Brixton sneered at him. "Who are you to tell me what to do?" he said, taking a step forward. "You're the one who betrayed her trust, remember? You're the reason she's so upset in the first place."