Fire with Fire |16

I walk away leaving a stunned set of guards and Mikhail follows close behind.

"Get me a good divorce lawyer, please. Quickly, before next week if anything." I speak into my cellphone. The man on the other line was my dad's lawyer. My voice is shaky.

"Consider it done."

I make it to my room and begin packing my things. I was leaving this man's house today, i read through my fathers will. I wasn't free to leave Lomonosov at any time but i had enough evidence to nullify our marriage, Lomonosov had breached our terms of contract on several occasions, if i didn't act now... I'd be dead by the time the next opportunity surfaced.

I fill up seven suitcase and three duffel bags, i wished to never step foot in this place again.
I washed up and erased all evidence of my moments of weakness. I wear a long sleeved black mini turtleneck dress with a pair of shiny black heels.

I was done with Lomonosov and i had enough proof to push him out of my life, Mikhail comes back soon.
"Pack your things, we're leaving together." I clutch the handle of my suitcase, a feeling of sadness rising in my throat. "Unless you wish to stay here."

"No, I'll follow you every where....until you get sick of me."
I give a big smile, i was ready to leave him behind on the occasion he chose to stay but him wanting to stick to me was a breath of fresh air.

He holds me tight and i hug him back.
"Where do we go princess?"
"We're headed to New York once my divorce proceedings are over, for now we're staying fairly close by."

............................

My father had a private plane, I've used it a handful of times. I felt bad calling the captain to get ready for flight at such short notice but my father always had an instruction to the man.

To make sure the plane was always ready in case something happened, the flight was destined for Paris. I had a home there.

I see Mikhail, peddling my several bags as he makes his way into the penthouse.

I have one or two attendants in here, it doesn't take long to settle in. I was going to handle my divorce from a distance. I didn't want to be near Lomonosov and i was already working on how to get my oil plant back.

Three days pass and I hardly get any sleep, I'm too busy scouring the internet and searching about Joseph Akintola.
I dig up more than i expected to find, he has been in court four times in the past two years over incidences that could've been avoided easily. His ass is already on watch by the EFCC, my dad had way more power than i did, the government already aiding my dad's backdoor proceedings, even when he made to dissolve all traces of his mafia. It was beneficial to both parties.

All i have to do is accuse him of illegal acquisition of property and that would send him to jail for a few good years and in turn i would be compensated.

I had spoken with my dad's lawyer, it was fool proof.

I pick up one document from my mountain of files, after i left Lomonosov i packed up all the documents that had all the assets i was willed. I had already lost a substantial amount to mr Dick face and it was a lot.
I can't believe my dad transferred all i owned, spare a few to Lomonosov and only expected that my input was all I'd need to get them back. I grew dizzy seeing the amount of zeros attached to several things.

"These numbers shouldn't exist." I was lucky I was getting out of the marriage now. I had lost 90% of all I had to Lomonosov. All i had was just a few houses, my jet and a company in New York that was dependent on the others.

I throw the documents down in frustration, I refuse to let Lomonosov have the last laugh.

.............................