Chan always made sure I was never alone in the house, so it was impossible for them to have simply all gone out to do something at the exact same time. I found myself panicking slightly at the realization, stomach turning as my mind suggested rather extreme scenarios.

The worse one seemed to involve Mr. Chang, and I made my way towards the basement with a sour taste in my mouth. The others probably wouldn't appreciate me poking around their captive, but double checking that he was still tied up would hopefully calm some of my nerves.

I reached the interrogation room with a solemn expression, hand resting on the knob as I attempted to regain what little composure I had lost.

SKZ had grown on me, which was something I seemed to be reminded of way too often. Felix and Jisung were really fun to be around, and I always tried to keep them happy. Chan was an incredibly caring person I found myself relying on, though slightly, and he'd become a sort of pillar in all the chaos I'd been experiencing the past month. Seungmin was someone I knew I could trust, and he always went along with whatever bullshit sense of humor I decided to showcase. Changbin was someone with a strict set of morals, and I found myself looking up to how hard he always pushed himself during practice. Jeongin and Minho may dislike me, though hate may be more accurate, but that didn't mean I wanted them to be in danger.

I wasn't expecting myself to grow so anxious over their unexplainable absence, and a part of me wondered just how attached I had grown over such a short amount of time. To be fair, they were one of the few who showed genuine kindness to me, so perhaps I would grow attached to anyone who did the same.

I pushed open the door after taking a deep breath, a playful smile melting over my features as I peeked my head in to see Mr. Chang chained up and dangling from the ceiling by his wrists. "How's it hanging?"

My humor once again went unappreciated as he began to cuss me out, and I pouted childishly. "My guy, that's no way to greet your savior." I stepped in the rest of the way, and his eyes widened.

"Y-you . . . you're going to save me?" His voice sounded hopeful, tears welling up in his eyes as he watched me step closer.

I snorted.

"Nah, dude. I'm just being an asshole. Speaking of assholes, have you seen where the others went?" The tears previously welling up in his eyes fell as he slumped, dejected.

"Fuck off, then."

"I'll take that as a no. Well, tell me if you chain your mind." I chortled. "Get it?"

I took him once again cussing me out as my cue to leave, and I scurried out of the room with a wince. That guy had quite the mouth on him.

But that also meant I had no idea where the others could be. Were they not in the house, then?

I made my way up the stairs with a growing pit in my stomach. So where were they? Why did they leave me here without saying anything? Was I missing something?

I rounded the corner, entering the main room with a dejected and stressed air. Had I really checked everywhere? Perhaps they had more secret rooms I wasn't supposed to know about? If that's the case, the rooms will probably be located behind the secret door that leads to the armory's hallway.

I shrugged, making my way down the hall and towards the hidden door. It was worth a shot, and I didn't exactly have anything better to do.

I pushed the panel out of the way and squeezed through the small opening before sealing the panel back into place. The automatic lights flickered on, and I made my way down the boring yet still well maintained hallway.