Ch.28

Alia

Eventually my eyes adjusted to the light and stared straight up at the man standing before me.

Antonio looked down with a clenched jaw, his glare piercing mine to a point that made me uncomfortable in my own skin. He looked.. intimidating. It was unlike the night Antonio came to my house pissed, it was more threatening—yet the man didn't say a damn thing.

A man walked up behind him and his eyes widened, looking down at me as I was bound to the chair. "Alia?" Ray muttered, a bit taken aback.

"You know this chick?" Marcus asked and Antonio looked over at him, glaring before setting his eyes back down on me. My heart was pounding straight out of my fucking chest, and I felt like all the oxygen in the world wouldn't be enough to fill my lungs.

No fucking way they could be...

"Why is she here?" Antonio asked, a question supposedly aimed at the Miguel and Marcus, all the while his eyes focused on mine. The two men looked at each other before answering.

"Aaron called saying there were two girls who were questioning Alonzo." Miguel shrugged. "Something about his crime life and how the organisation works."

"Kiki." Ray breathed and looked down at me before looking over at Antonio and the men. "Where the fuck is she?"

One of the men pointed towards the car outside and before I knew it, Ray ran out to go find her. Antonio let out a grunt before looking down at the ground, jaws clenched. "Both of you get the fuck out, I want to talk to her alone."

My eyes widened and watched as the two men walked out of the barn, closing the barn door close with a creak. With the thick tension in the air, Antonio looked down at my restraints before returning his gaze up to meet mine. He wore the same black long sleeve shirt like last time, buttoned up to the third last button. Rolling up his cuffs, he leaned a hand up and grabbed my chin, forcing it up.

The hold surprised the fuck out of me and for the first time, I saw his harsh demeanour—his more aggressive side. My words got caught up in my throat and I looked up, my eyes widened.

"Dolcezza." He said in a low tone, one that sent chills throughout my fucking body. "Tell me, is this why you decided to play along with me?"

I swore my heart stopped for a second and I stared at him, my brows knitted. What did he say?

"You think I knew?" I scoffed at him, noticing him cocked a brow. "How the fuck am I supposed to know you worked for Cosa Nostra?"

"Work for it?" Antonio asked before lowering his head down slightly, looking down into my eyes. His hair was a bit messy, a rebellious strand hanging between his cold eyes. The man's lips curved into a slight grin, his lips parting to let out a low baritone chuckle.

"Baby, they work for me."

My jaws clenched and my eyes fluttered lightly as I soaked in the information, feeling Antonio's hold on my cheek loosening.

"You're the Bishop?" I whispered, probing for information. His eyes flickered slightly as they focused on mine before he straightened his back, leaning back up to his original height.

"Antonio Bishop." Antonio muttered before looking down at my restraints, his hand retracting back to stay by his side. Although I'm in a very obvious fight-or-flight position, my brain can't seemed to comprehend the difference between danger and lust.