Ch.21

Alia

"Let me know if everyone has gotten the assignment rubric for this month." The lecturer said, his voice echoing throughout the lecture hall. Flipping my pencil, I continued on with my little doodles on the side of my page, seemingly paying little to no attention to the man who's willingly going out of his way to educate me. Our group was pretty small today, with a majority either have moved their classes to suit a timetable or working as an intern. It was my day off from work today and as much as I hated going to class, I did pay a hefty fee to get taught shit I already know.

The weeks have been nothing but a bore that dragged on for endless days. It was hot—so fucking hot and to be fair, Antonio's closeness was making it worse. Now that he's been chauffeuring me around, my body has grown more fucking obsessed with the man that rearranged my guts like he did with my furniture on the first week here.

Will I stop? Fuck no.

"It should be up on the learning management system so please if you have any problems, come up to me." The lecturer said and waited for a few people to ask questions before carrying on with the subject at hand. With a cheek pressed to my palm, I let out a light groan, bored out of my fucking mind. My AirPod was in one ear, playing some random ass song the app paired me with once my playlist finished and since I was doing jack shit in class anyways, I didn't bother changing it.

"I should listen to RnB more often." I whispered to myself, sketching on my notebook.

"I've got song recommendations if you want." Went a voice that spoke in my other ear and I gasped, feeling my body flinch. That voice was awfully familiar.

I looked around in a slight panic before looking up, my gaze landing on a familiar person.

"Jay?" I tilted my head in confusion. Jay wore a red hoodie, paired with black shorts and looked down at me with a smile on his face. It felt so fucking unusual to see him here in non-formal clothing and the way he seemed so laid back was almost frightening. "Is anyone sitting here?"

"N-no." I shook my head and took my bag off his seat. I wasn't trying to be rude, I just felt like my bag doesn't deserve a place on the dirty floor. I swept his seat before patting it down. "Come sit."

Jay sat down on the seat, placing his satchel near the leg of his chair before taking out a laptop, setting it down on the tablet arm chair.

"I've never seen you here before." I muttered upon looking up at him curiously. Jay shrugged and let out a chuckle, looking back down at me.

"I study and work part time. Recently my schedule changed and I had to fix up my timetable to suit my work hours." Jay said, taking out a notebook. Ah. That would explain why he has a higher position at the office than me. Clever.

"Lucky." I mumbled, looking down at my notebook before closing it all together before I held it up to Jay. "I've got notes if you want. I found the slideshow the lecturer used and wrote my own ones instead."

"I'd love that, thank you." He gave me a sweet smile before taking the notebook, flipping to the page I was at before getting to work on copying the notes. Now that I literally had nothing to do, I decided to open up the learning management system online to get myself started on the assignment. Reading the rubric, I felt myself being glared at a few times, only to notice it was Jay who was looking at me through my peripheral view.