Ch.5

Alia

"Are you excited?" Kiki asked with a mouthful of food, looking up at me as I set her cup of coffee down onto the table. I heard her gulp her food, looking down at my outfit and let out a whistle.

"Cut it out" I rolled my eyes and chuckled, taking a seat opposite from her at the table. "Yes, I'm excited. Scared shitless too."

"It's all totally normal, babe" Kiki held up an arepa to her lips and took a bite. "But I reckon you'll fucking grab GC news by its balls and make it your bitch."

"I'm laughing" I said in a mocked tone and giggled, sipping on my cup of hot jasmine tea. I wore beige pants paired with a white embroidered sweater. I'm a simple girl, not a fucking business woman wearing the tightest office outfits that'll get her co workers drooling for her. I sat down in my chair, watching Kiki fill her cheeks with food.

"Is it good?"
"Mhm." Kiki mumbles, sucking her finger tips. "Better than Ray's. I taught him how to make them the other day and the fucker burned every single one of them."

I giggled, setting my cup down and enjoying breakfast with her. The conversation quickly fell silent and I let myself wiggle into my seat. The sky was acting all depressed and shit today, it's tears pattering down against the outdoor balcony and windows, driving me into a warming and peaceful state. I've got my induction in around two hours or so, and I'm praying this weather doesn't brew up any traffic.

Nothing like the sound of quiet rain and a cup of tea in the morning. Peaceful.

Of course—Kiki had to ruin it.

"So Antonio..." She looked up at me with her bottom lip sucked between her teeth, the corners of her mouth twitching into a smile. I groaned and rolled my eyes, looking down at my mug.

"Kiki please..."
"Alia you promised! For fuck's sake I'm not letting you pussy out of this one." Kiki grunted with a stern look, almost making me doubt that she was taking it lightly. "So...?"

I frowned, pouring the rest of the tea down my throat and grimaced as I felt it burn the passageway down my oesophagus. I didn't care.

"Kiki please" I said, praying she didn't notice the fact that I was close to having a fucking heart attack. "Nothing happened. We just talked."

"I'm not stupid, I know nothing happened." Kiki leaned forward and rested her chin in her palms. "Let's be civil. Like adults."

"Fine."

Civil? Bitch please.

"Would you fuck him?"

There we go...

I choked on air, looking up at Kiki with a bright red fucking face. "..no."

"That took too long to answer."
"Kiki you're kinda backing me up into a corner right now."
"I know but if you were so sure you wouldn't just say no, you'd protest."

Kiki and her fucking detective skills.

"Kiki.." I looked straight up at her. "It's nothing. For fuck's sake we just met yesterday. I'll probably never meet him again."