Ch.23

Antonio

Four nights isn't enough.

Padre could be anywhere. Anywhere. Despite getting my men to keep an eye out for him, and even getting a few to go around and actively look for him—it's not enough. I keep forgetting the fact that a big part of his life was staying out of sight and while it's impressive, it's dangerous. No reports, no other fucking bodies found and Ray still hasn't given me an update on finding the other members who helped Padre with Marx Colby. I don't know his plan, and it's fucking infuriating.

I know I can't keep Alia here forever, but four nights will probably get me nowhere. The worst part is that I fear she'll get the wrong message and probably try her best to avoid me in the end. While it's not the desired outcome, all I wish is that she's safe.

Holding a bottle of coconut oil, I sat down on the bed, hearing the muffled sound of water pattering against the shower door—Alia humming in the meantime. Bear sat next to me on the bed, his ears perked up as he listened to her. I turned my head and looked down at him, seeing that his full attention was on the door.

"She loves you more than me, doesn't she?" I whispered and chuckled, patting his head. Bear then continued to watch the door before his head lowered down onto my lap.

Alia's already fed—a few hours ago when we went shopping. She kept eying the sushi and I had to keep pestering her about it til she finally caved in. I got her a few dresses and shirts, even some utilities like makeup or whatever the fuck a diffuser is. Apparently it's for her curls—to keep them defined and bouncy. I'll need to try it sometime for my own, though I doubt it'll work since my hair is short.

My attempt to pester her about pyjamas, on the other hand, backfired when she claimed she wanted to wear my shirts instead. Although I've even tried to convince her by promising her branded shit, she still stuck true to her words. What a little fucking tease.

Before long, the bathroom door opened with Alia walking out, wearing my shirt paired with black shorts. I was waiting for her on the bed in just black sweatpants and the second I looked over at her, I almost fucking drooled.

She didn't even have to try to look fuckable at all.

"I see you're already waiting for me." She smiled and walked over, crawling onto the bed to plant a gentle kiss on my lips. It's crazy. The amount of times we do this just proves how crazy fucking obsessed we are with each other. I let out a light groan before grabbing hold of the back of her neck, deepening the kiss.

"You've got a big shower." She whispered and I pulled back, letting out a baritone chuckle.

"You should see the bathroom down the hall." I chuckled. "Huge bath tub."

"Oh?" She sat down right next to me, planting a gentle yet inviting kiss under my jaw. "We should put that to use sometime."

"Sometime." I kissed her cheek and patted the bed space in front of me. "Come lay down."

Alia was quick to take off the shirt, leaving her upper body bare before she laid down into a prone position, wiggling herself to get more comfortable on the bed. Bear got up and walked over, sitting down on her side. Positioning myself on top of her with my legs on either side of her body, I opened the coconut oil bottle and poured some onto my palms, giving it a rub before lathering it all over her back.