2. Whitemarch part II

(Melias)

Melias followed her Majesty into the room. Elron followed him, but as he came in the Queen held out her hand to stop him. "I appreciate the thought, Elron, my dear, but I can handle Melias myself. If you would be so kind as to entertain Gelion while we talk..."

He didn't argue, instead giving her a knowing nod. "Yes ma'am." He turned and strode out of the room but paused at the door. "Do try to behave, you two." Then he left.

The Queen's porcelain face turned a rosy shade of red as she chuckled awkwardly in response to the captain's words. Melias loved how she was flustered by the simplest of things. She looked up at him with her bright verdant eyes. A smile tugged at the corner of her supple pink lips. "I'm the Queen, so I don't have to listen to him."

"Thank the Virtues." With an impatient smile, Melias grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him. He pressed his lips to hers and suddenly they were melting into each other, completely lost in their kiss. They'd had to wait three months for it and they weren't wasting anymore time.

"I missed you, Meli," she gasped between kisses. He kissed her chin and moved his way all along her jaw until he got to her ear. He nibbled on it she moaned. She ran her slender fingers through his long locks of dark blonde hair, weaving her fingers through the soft hairs and pulling him down closer to her. They couldn't get any closer if they tried.

They pressed into each other, their kiss lasting forever. Melias wanted their embrace to continue longer, but then there was a loud rap on the door. "Your Majesty, we are ready."

Yuelle pulled back from Melias, cursing softly. "Okay," she yelled back. "Just give us a moment." She pulled Melias' face back down to hers and planted a soft kiss on his lips. She rubbed her hand along his short, scruffy beard. Then she stepped away from him, her smile faded into a sullen line.

Melias frowned and cupped her chin in his hand. "What's wrong, my love?"

She grabbed his hand and held it against her cheek. "I just wish we had more time." She kissed his hand and then let it drop to his side. "I wish we could meet under better circumstances." She suddenly sounded so distant and anxious, as if the weight of the world had been thrust upon her shoulders. In a way, he supposed it was. She was Queen, after all. Even so, Melias hated seeing her in such a state.

"What has happened, Yuelle?" he whispered.

She closed her eyes and shook her head. "It'd be best that my spymaster explains it. Take a seat and we'll begin." She turned from him and called to those waiting outside. "You may come in, my lords."

Melias took a seat at the large polished mahogany table that dominated the room. The door opened and in filed Gelion and Sir Elron. Behind them were the men who comprised the Queen's council, the men who were charged with advising the young queen to make the most beneficial decisions for the sake of the six realms.

First came the large and imposing Lord Vander Talrein, the Master of War. He was the head general of Anglova's armies and the Queen's chief military advisor. After him was Lord Kevyn Talleth, the Master of Coin and the Queen's main financial advisor. He was a handsome man but was also very slight and seemed to Melias to be very conniving. Behind him was Lord Henrold Perion, old, fat, and the kindest man to ever hale from Kandar. He was the Master of Governance and was Yuelle's most chief political advisor. He'd served under four Queens, starting with Yuelle's great grandmother, Queen Yelna, when he was only a boy of two decades.