👑 37 👑

~ Mia ~

The politicians debated, and cheers roared throughout the kingdom as they declared the dethronement of my parents. The light shines through the dark clouds as people toss their arms. My mother fell to her knees, distraught. We won!! WE WON!!

Tears began to flow down her face, and being the caring person, I went to her side. I bend down, "did you think you would have taken over? What were you trying to accomplish??" I said.

"You will never know the true pain of this kingdom. I kept the peace! I did what I had to do for it to fall in line. You marrying a peasant was out of the ordinary! I wouldn't give up my kingdom to someone who didn't understand!! I did what was best for my family!!"

"You were blind by corruption, and you didn't see the people you hurt. You killed the innocent to bring balance to this broken place. You even tried to kill us, Mother. YOU weren't fit to be queen since the day you were born!! This wasn't home; this was prison!!" I shouted.

Jabrel and Anisel stood by my side. My brother wanted severe punishment for her actions. He wanted her to be exiled for treason. Even though it is a good idea, she doesn't deserve death. We are not like our mother, who brought suffering to the kingdom. We will find something for her. Out of nowhere, Hamon and Mikhal handed us the crowns.

They had the biggest smiles as they placed it in our hands. I stared blankly at the gold, then glanced at Anisel. It looked like he wanted to cry. But right now, it doesn't feel right. It must be done on coronation day when we are declared king and queen. They bowed to my request and gestured to the citizens.

I took Anisel's hand, and we walked to the front gate. I signaled everyone else to join too. My face became sweaty, and I was trembling in fear. Doing a speech in front of the whole town was terrifying. Anisel pulled me in for a kiss, and my nerves disappeared. I took a deep breath.

"From this day forth, I, Princess Mia, will become your queen. I will take Anisel Dean as my husband; he will officially become king. As we stand here today, we will always remember that no matter the challenges we face, we will stick together as one. No matter what past comes back, we will defeat them together. As your next queen, I will change these ridiculous laws into something more appropriate. As for those two, they will be locked up for their crimes. My mother and Mattew will be stripped of their status for good. We promise to take care of this kingdom and change it for the better!"

The cheers once again filled the air. All our hands are raised in the sky. My brother looked at me with such a proud face, Hamon and Mikhal cheered as loud as they could, Yuli was excited, and Hazel and Joshua jumped up and down. This was the day I waited for... the day the royal family brought life to Satia as it once was.

Two weeks had passed, and Anisel and I were getting ready for the wedding. People are running around in chaos. I walked back to the room, and I spotted my lovely fiance in the middle of the hallway. I sneaked up behind him and hugged him. "Hey, my future husband, why are you standing here?" I asked him.

"Thinking about my parents and how they should be here. I will give everything to see them for the last time."

I hate seeing him like this, so I promise to give them a proper burial once we find their bodies. He turned to me with eyes sparking like the stars. He picked me up and swung me around. Once my feet touched the ground, we gave each other a passionate kiss. What did I do to deserve him?

Before we headed back, Joshua and Hazel approached us. Anisel was shocked as he saw his brother in a guard suit. In all of their lives, he never thought this would happen. They both bowed, "everyone is waiting, princess." They smiled.

Anisel couldn't help himself as he hugged his brother warmly. "I am proud of you," Anisel said as he wiped his eyes. Laughing, I dragged him to the throne room where my servants stood. They shouldn't be in here right now. Hamon and Mikhal took a knee.

"As your personal advisor, I, Hamon, will be an honor to continue to be your advisor to the end." He said as he kept his head down.

"As your personal servant, I, Mikhal, will be an honor to continue as well."

Of course, they will continue to be my servants; I don't want anybody else but them. They will rise in status once I become queen. Usually, I would have taken my mother's servants, and these two would be passed down. But I didn't want to lose them–

So, I took Hamon's sword and placed it on their shoulders. I, Princess Mia, have resigned Mikhal and Hamon as the queen's new personal servants. Their eyes widen as they try to comprehend what was said. They couldn't believe in getting that title as they get their private room, better income, healthcare, and be treated like nobles. They can provide better lives for their families... as they can live in the palace as well.

Hamon began to cry, as he couldn't believe to be this high up in the ranks. As servants to the kids don't get as many benefits. A low income, share a bedroom with the other servants, have no healthcare, and must be away from family. Hamon and Mikhal didn't mind about those things as I wasn't a snobby princess. I ensured they were okay with money and sneaked them to see their families. They were happy with their status. But this made them more comfortable.

"Thank you so much, my lady; this means so much as you always were kind to us. We promise that we will protect you no matter what." Mikhal said.

"You always protected me-- it's my turn to do something for you."