👑 24 👑

~ a few weeks ago ~

Exhausted, I rolled out of the bed the following day. As I got ready, all I could think about was work– ugh. I arrived at the throne, and my parents shooed me away, stating my schedule was clear for today. "Why? I have meetings to attend." I said in confusion.

"We figure you need a day of rest. Go and pamper yourself. Clear your mind. Ever since the announcement, you haven't been getting enough sleep. So, go. Jabrel will take care of your duties." She stated.

"Your mother is right. Sometimes a queen needs a day off from this madness. Everything will be fine." My father added. I bowed and thanked them; then, I ran out of the room like a cheetah. My servants looked at me like I had gone mad. As they should, I am free today!! No drama or problems. We went to my room to get changed into something more comfortable. I usually wear a dress but this time pants and a shirt that fit royal standards.

Mikhal took out my favorite blue skinny jeans, a koala shirt, and Converse shoes that matched. I never felt more free in my life. When I headed out the door, my brother greeted me with his usual smile.

"Mia. Hope you enjoy your day off of princess work." He said.

"Thanks for taking my duties, Jabrel. You are the best little brother ever!" I hugged him. I was about to say something, but I noticed a bruise on his neck. What is that? Lily came over and fixed his clothes which covered the mark. The look on his face was priceless. He is not very good at hiding things, so I pretend I don't know anything. We said goodbye as I walked into the dining hall for brunch.

Once there, Anisel was sitting at the table enjoying his pancakes. Why was he here?? This isn't Hazel's place. "Good morning, your highness." He took a bite of his food.

"Good morning, my lord. What brings you here?"

Hazel had to train, and his servant was sick; he didn't want to be alone today. He asked my parents for permission to come to this side as he pleased. I didn't want to smile too much, but I was happy. As he munched, he passed his food over to me. "What are your plans today, your majesty?" Anisel spoke.

Nothing, really, because this is the first time my parents gave me a day off. I was hoping to relax a bit. However, let's spend the day together like we always wanted. This is the perfect time to do it. Nervously, I tapped the table to come up with the courage to ask him. Before I could, he did, "Would you like to go on a date? Just you and me without problems." He smiled.

"Of course."

During our meal, we began to talk about what to do. I wanted to go to the trailer again as it gives us total privacy. Plus, the view is beautiful. Anisel stared at me with confusion as the place was swarming with guards. It is not a good idea, and he thinks we should go elsewhere. I knew that, but I wanted to go for memories. With the guards there, we will have the privacy we need. He shrugged his shoulders and agreed. Once we were finished, we headed out.

When we got to the door, Anisel had his hand out for me to take. I hesitated at first, but he insisted on the gesture. The look on my servants' faces and Hamon's expression was spot on. Mikhal was screaming inside, I could tell.

Hamon was never too fond of boys. I was his baby girl in a way; he watched me grow and change throughout the years. He was the one that helped take care of me even through my high school days. He had been by my side since I was born. That is why his words affect me.

Walking through town, my citizens waved at us and greeted us with respect. You can hear giggling as well from the women. Out of nowhere, Anisel pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. Our bodies were touching— my face got flustered.

"My lord, this is highly inappropriate in public. We have rules to follow; you know that. No public affection— just hand-holding." I whispered.

Hamon immediately broke us up. A gentle push did the trick. "Anisel, you know the royal rules about affection in public."

His hands went up in the air, and he chuckled. It was an accident, he stated. That wasn't an accident. Hiding my face, we arrived at the train junkyard. One of the guards noticed us and asked about our presence. I had to lie to get through.

I ordered him to let us through because of "business"; he had no choice but to move aside. Everything looked different in the light; my mind entered a Deja Vu state. Did I see this before?? Anisel spotted the trailer. Should I question this strange thought or not? Suddenly, Anisel dragged me to some ladders. "Let's sit on top. You can see the view I told you about." He said.

"Okay. Hamon and Mikhal walk around. I want privacy with him, please." I asked kindly.

Hamon's face was blank, but Mikhal took him by the arm. We ascended to the top, and the view was beautiful. The sun slowly rises above the horizon, and my kingdom shines, giving off a bright aura.

We sat down and kicked our legs like children. "You were right. This is amazing." I have seen beautiful sights before, but this tops the cake. I should have come here more often. Anisel closed his eyes, lay down, and patted the metal.

The breeze was nice on my face as I lay down next to him. My eyes glazed upon the clouds as I saw a crown-shaped one. Anisel saw it, too– was it a sign?? I gave it another look. The cloud broke apart, and I felt pain in my stomach. Did that mean something? Anisel interrupted my train of thought as he pointed out another shape. I tried to keep a smile as he explained to me each one he found.

"I have never done this before," I said.

"Really? My brother and I did this all the time."

Brother?? He never mentioned him during this journey. When I asked, you could see the quick panic in his eyes, like something caught him off guard. He didn't want to bring him up as they parted ways. He didn't talk about his family much. I always wondered what they were like. Probably those strict nobles that didn't let them do anything or could be cool parents. Anisel changed the topic. "What do you think about love?"

That's random. "Don't know yet. I haven't had too many lovers in my days. I spend most of my life going to school. I never really had time to find love, you know."

"I found love once— she was the most beautiful girl I ever saw. Her hair was shiny, her eyes were bright, her skin glowed, and her overall appearance was wow." He said.

He found love?? I hope she doesn't come around and steal him away. When I asked the name, he stated it didn't matter. I was the only girl he had eyes for, which made me melt. I sat up and stretched my back. Anisel rushed up to give me a massage. "You didn't have to do that. I was fine."

"A queen like you should be pampered. Don't want Hamon or Mikhal to worry." He smiled.

Other than my servants, he was the first to give me a back rub. His hands were gentle to the touch as he hit the right spots. I felt calm and at peace. I can get used to this. As the day went on, we stayed around for a bit. We talked for hours and ran around the place. It was a nice and fun day. It was different when I was with Matthew. Anisel knows how to have fun.

With Matthew, it was always fancy. When we were smaller, we used to have a blast together. Being kids was the best time. But now, it seems like a business. This is why my mind has already made a choice. Anisel Dean will be my husband and my king.