👑 36 👑

~ Anisel ~

We were in a stampede as we marched. Our speech had everyone as one and gave energy to those who needed it. The kingdom was in our sights; Mia and I paused our movements as we stared at the entrance. Guards were standing there with swords drawn.

Jabrel and Mia walked forward. "Stand down; as your prince and princess, we order you to stand down!" Mia said in a threatening tone. The guards didn't budge as they don't take orders from them anymore. Mia and Jabrel were dethroned. The king ordered this action.

THE KING?!?! I knew it. I knew he couldn't be trusted. He was trying to get informa— "You heard them. Stand down." Mia's father said. Wait— wait— what the fuck?? If he didn't order that, then who did?

A voice came from above; it was Matthew. That son of a bitch is wearing the royal crown. "YOU SICK OF A BITCH!!" I shouted at him. The family turned to me in fear. I never raised my voice like that, but it was the reason.

"As the guards said, you don't bark orders anymore. I do." he smiled. How is he king when they never confirm their "I do"?? The queen can give anyone as long as they are noble in blood.

Confusion was set all over the crowd. What the hell is he talking about?? Mia explains how the queen can't give anyone the title until the royal kids step down first. They have not requested that action. Besides, Matthew is a half-blood, and he can't fully become king.

Matthew stared at her and gestured to the guards to us everyone away. We huddled together; we won't back down without a fight. Mia said they would rather live in peace than be scared of someone afraid of themselves.

The guards dropped their weapons and let us pass. Nobody can overpower Mia and think it is okay. We marched through the kingdom, and people joined us. A huge crowd chanted all hail, Queen Mia! All hail King Anisel! All hail Prince Jabrel! So on and so forth.

It was catchy. Other citizens peeked out their windows to witness anarchy in this quiet town. This never happened before; to see this unfold is something to go in history books. We continued to march until we got to the palace.

Guess who we saw at the front gate, the queen herself. Mia and I looked at each other, taking a deep breath. The time is now... if we don't do this, we have wasted everyone's time. The blood that will be shed will be in our hands. Both of us stepped up to her.

The queen had her arms crossed; she had the dark stare in the world. "Every time I manage to put you in jail, you seem to wiggle out. Why?" she said.

"Because I will never go down like this," I replied.

"Mother, you have threatened to kill your kids for what? To have someone who can't rule... be in charge? What kind of sense is that, huh? You don't own that throne anymore. You don't own to rule! You killed multiple people with your own hands and did not give a damn about their families. You accuse people of doing crimes they haven't committed!! And you call me a bad person. Where you have done a lot more than Jabrel and I. We have been your pawns since the beginning, and I've had enough!"

The queen just stood there; still, her arms crossed. But the anger and frustration were there. You don't want to be in her presence right now. Nobody is fit to govern this wasteland. The King and queen did what they could after a war broke out. There is nothing to salvage anymore. She had to show signs of threat to keep intruders away.

The queen showed fear in her eyes to know what she faced. She gave no one a chance to live or be justified. If someone makes the wrong move, it's off with their heads. Everyone here is a living example of that. Silence roamed the town, and a staring match occurred between us. The people stood there with tension.

"You think having everyone against their queen will fix what's been happening here? You pick someone who did careless things.. who once stole the diamond. Who tricked you into thinking he was a noble, who tried to steal the crown, who lied to you, who destroyed the palace! Who could have killed everyone with his recklessness? You people are dumb enough to stand by her side, knowing you shouldn't trust her."

I peeked back to see the reactions, but they stayed the same. Nobody moved for their positions. This is the side I waited for so long. The side of justice and revenge... the sweet taste of revenge. Once again, Jabrel joined us, "You have no right to say those things. Anisel did what he had to do to survive, but his crimes won't be as big as you made them seem. You put that bounty over their heads for nothing. But you can see the change as they wanted to fix things. Anisel loves Mia with all his heart, and everyone can see that... except you. You are too blind to see what is happening, and it's pathetic."

Harsh words were thrown back and forth. I felt like I was watching a ball match. People yelled at the queen to dethrone her. All of Satia's voices were carried out in the distance. Nothing can stop this from going.

Nothing...

~ Mia ~

Every time she throws something at us, we throw it right back. My mother wouldn't win, and I don't know why she keeps trying. The people don't want her; her family doesn't want her... nobody wants her there. All she had to do was drop the brutal act.

"ENOUGH! I, Princess Mia Robertson, will take the throne from Sapphire Robertson due to her failure as queen. I will also take the crown from Matthew, as he is unfit to rule. If you reject this request, then the politicians will decide." I stated.

Like the stubborn woman she is, she rejected the request. The guards brought one of the politicians out. The person didn't know what to say but to clear his throat. With everything said, they didn't want to believe the truth about the queen. So, they decided to place me back on the throne. As queen, it is my duty to protect and honor my kingdom.

My mother has done the opposite of that. She threw innocent people in jail multiple times. She also killed innocent people as well. Bribed certain nobles and bribed another royal family. The queen is corrupted.